Praise for custom calls!

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
JPH

Praise for custom calls!

Postby JPH » April 24th, 2010, 6:25 am

Hey T&TH! Long time, no post.

I just wanted to drop in to offer a shout out a call maker you may know. I started using Hoosier Hunter Custom Calls last year and they continue to prove themselves to be the best calls I have used in 20+, hard calling turkey seasons!

Before last year I used calls off the sale rack and really struggled to find calls that would maintain consistent sounds. Finding a good call was like a summer romance. It was a good feeling but I knew it wouldn't last. Invariably the call would wear out and I'd go buy another, of the exact same make. The sounds were never the same.

Hoosier Hunter makes calls that carry sweet sounds at all ranges, and they are the same from call to call. That is priceless in my opinion. Now, before anyone accuses me of making a totally shameless plug (I know they will anyway), let me say that I expect that any custom call maker will produce similar results. One maker or a small group of makers has to put more care into their work than a factory assembly line. So check out my guy or another custom maker and see if it does not improve your calling and hunting.

So far the "Cherry, 14 sided, Glass Over Slate" pot call and the "Big Indy" mouth call have been the hot ticket in the Iowa/Missouri border region. Here are the 2010 results...so far.     

Bryan78

RE: Praise for custom calls!

Postby Bryan78 » April 24th, 2010, 9:13 am

Nice birds and congrats.  Where can I find these calls at because I have never seen them sold in Indiana before?  Not saying they are not here I have just never seen them before.

JPH

Postby JPH » April 24th, 2010, 9:39 am

ORIGINAL: Bryan78
Where can I find these calls...? 

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

Again, I'm not trying to push one particular brand or squeeze in free advertising for someone. I have every reason to believe that other custom call makers produce quality as well. These are just the custom calls that I have used and I'm very happy with them.  

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 24th, 2010, 10:07 am

Holy Cow, Joe!  Are you lost?  How did you get here?

Seriously though, congratulations!  Good to see you here again.  Don't be a stranger.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » April 24th, 2010, 10:58 am

Great and thanks for the link!

dworz

Postby dworz » April 25th, 2010, 1:21 pm

I know one of the Pro Hunter staff Members, And is a Super Guy (Jim Knight).

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » April 25th, 2010, 2:21 pm

WHAZ UP OLE FREIND ! Let me first say that I miis ya on the forum Joe, and I sure hope to hear more from ya, as your wisdom and experince were greatly appreciated, and I know I am speaking for others, as well as myself.
It looks like your spring thus far as had a lot of feathers in it, and I'm glad to hear it. I am also glad to hear of your continued satisfaction with my callers, and I appreciate the endorsement as I also appreciate you.

Things on the forum, as ya know I'm sure, are going well these days, comparitively speaking, with a lot of new turkey hunters finding answers to all the old questions, and us old turkey hunters trying to find new tactics while sharing with those who hunger for info. It looks like your your still in good physical shape, no suprise there. I always appreciated your input on physical fitness, especially as it relates to hunters and hunting.

Hey Joe,.....thanks for sharing and keep comin back.........

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE !
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
TURKEY & TURKEY HUNTING PRO STAFF
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » April 25th, 2010, 2:43 pm

Hi Bryan, The closest retailer to you that handles my turkey callers is in Greenwood In. and is The OUTDOOR CONNECTION owned by Doug McPhereson, a really good fella who has been turkey huntin a long, long time. He has a class operation, and I'm pretty picky about who I will allow to handle my work. You might also give a call out to the fellas at Frames Outdoors in Liberty In.

L.K.LESLIE
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
TURKEY AND TURKEY HUNTING PRO STAFF
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » April 25th, 2010, 3:13 pm

ORIGINAL: hoosierhunter

Hi Bryan, The closest retailer to you that handles my turkey callers is in Greenwood In. and is The OUTDOOR CONNECTION owned by Doug McPhereson, a really good fella who has been turkey huntin a long, long time. He has a class operation, and I'm pretty picky about who I will allow to handle my work. You might also give a call out to the fellas at Frames Outdoors in Liberty In.

L.K.LESLIE
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
TURKEY AND TURKEY HUNTING PRO STAFF

Wow I can't believe I didn't put two and two together that you were the one that made these calls.  I have visited your website and did see that Liberty, Anderson, Straughn were the closes to me.  I have actually been to the archery shop in Straughn before.  I will diffidently have to check your calls out as I only use two slate calls now and I have never found a box call that I liked. 

JPH

Postby JPH » April 26th, 2010, 10:27 am

You are too kind Hoosier. I'm glad to see that the T&TH forum is doing fine without me.

The Glass-Over-Slate and the Big Indy were on again this morning. This big boy brought his whole flock in for a look early in North Missouri.

I do have to admit that I worked in some long yelps on a store bought, Primos box call also. I've never been a big box call guy but I may need to change that. I was looking over some of your stuff last time I visited your site. Got any boxes that'll suit my loud and raunchy calling style?

Oh, and on the subject of physical conditioning. You have to understand that if you call as loud and as often as I do, you'd better have good cardio or you'll pass out. Haha!

Keep up the great work and good luck in the rest of your hunts.

Next

Return to Calling