saving mouth calls

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Struttinhusker

Re: saving mouth calls

Postby Struttinhusker » March 9th, 2012, 7:06 pm

I have had really good results with the Penn's Wood Tone Savers available from Midwest Turkey Call Supply. After use I let the calls soak in water for a short period of time and then slide the fine wire Tone Savers between the reeds and shake away any excess water. I then let them dry before putting them into the refrigerator. The Tone Savers easily slide out when the call is moistened before use. My calls seem to last when taken care of in this manner.

onpoint

Re: saving mouth calls

Postby onpoint » March 9th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Here's mine:
Use any type of mouthwash you like. Place small amount in your mouth. Put in call and swish. Take out and place spacer cut from coated paper clips (I'll explain how to do this if anyone requests it) between each of the reeds of the call. Place in call box and place in the fridge until ready to take out (from one season to the next or from one hunt to the next). When you take it out for use repeat the mouthwash swish again and the spacers will easily come loose. About the same result, with a lot less cost :D
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Previous

Return to Calling