Hybrid Mini Box

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Fan Club

Hybrid Mini Box

Postby Fan Club » March 9th, 2014, 2:13 pm

[/attachment]
IMG_1134 [].jpg
IMG_1134 [].jpg (50.57 KiB) Viewed 184 times
Picked up this little sweetheart call at the Michigan Deer & Turkey Expo yesterday for only 10 bucks...

At only five inches long by an inch wide it will fit in your shirt pocket. It produces a surprisingly good high pitched yelp and there is a folding clip mounted in the bottom. Raised, the clip acts as a stop for awesome cutts and cackles.

It is a one sided call with one rail set higher than the other and the lid mounted at an angle via a screw set at an angle. The part that gets me is the underside of the striker lid is flat, not convex as with all other boxes. Evidently the angle at which the lid is set in relation to the sideboard eliminates the need to round the underside of the lid. My buddy has taken a couple gobblers with one he has, so it's gonna see some field time this spring. Unfortunately, I didn't get the name of or a card from the maker as there was a huge crowd around the booth.
Attachments
IMG_1133 [].JPG
IMG_1133 [].JPG (65.46 KiB) Viewed 184 times
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

kygobbler

Re: Hybrid Mini Box

Postby kygobbler » March 9th, 2014, 3:13 pm

Hey Jeff, can you make a soundfile for that little box call. Im curious on how it sounds.

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 9th, 2014, 10:22 pm

I'd be happy to make a sound file but I've never done it before...

Can you steer me to a program or some software to do it? Don't have a microphone for my PC either but could probably pick one up. I do have an I-POD if that would help.

Thanks!
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 10th, 2014, 7:37 pm

I'm sure there is other ways to do it but if you have a smart phone set it up to record a video. After you have recorded the video download it onto YouTube and then post it on here.

I have been trying again to do it another way but have been unsuccessful. Maybe Charlie can chime in and tell us how he did the soundfiles for WRC's tongue teasers.

Return to Calling