Outstanding Call version 2.0

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Sit Still...

RE: Outstanding Call version 2.0

Postby Sit Still... » August 12th, 2010, 3:29 am

I think we're all walking pretty close to the divorce court front door here! (laughing) My wife loves those reality shows too. It's either that or the tabloid TV like "Access Hollywood" or "Entertainment Tonight". UGH!!!!
Doepee here's a good one. A few weeks back I let loose with a few VERY loud shrill blasts on my peacock call and shocked my wife right out of her shorts. She gave out a little scream and yelled what was that?! I about wet my pants laughing. Of course that one was banned from the house immediately!
Steve
Knowledge leads to success!

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » August 12th, 2010, 7:51 am

My wife isn't into the reality TV shows, but she is eat up with horsey stuff. Anytime there is an English riding competition on TV, it is supposed to be quiet as a tomb in the house so she doesn't miss anything. I tell her it is supposed to be the exactly the same way when there's a hockey game on, but she doesn't seem to think so.

Sometimes when I'm practicing with a turkey call in the (detatched) garage, she can still hear it, even with the TV volume up loud enough to almost make your ears bleed. Apparently, the turkey call makes a piercing tone that tends to upset female humans.

For the record, her horse doesn't care much for turkey calls either. Last Spring I was walking around his pasture with him tagging along. I went to the part of the fence near the heaviest woods and cutt & yelped hard a few times on a diaphram to see if I could get an answer, and the horse took off the other direction with his ears pinned back. He was obviously not expecting that sound to come out of my mouth.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Sit Still...

Postby Sit Still... » August 13th, 2010, 5:31 am

Jim, that makes me laugh just thinking about it! Now we're not just annoying our wives, we can add scaring the hell out of horses too!That's just too darn funny. When you're practicing in the back yard have you ever called up a turkey from across the creek? I know there have to be some over there.
Steve
Knowledge leads to success!

Previous

Return to Calling