Outstanding Call version 2.0

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Sit Still...

Outstanding Call version 2.0

Postby Sit Still... » August 9th, 2010, 6:09 am

I recieved a completely unexpected early birthday present this weekend from my buddy Jim (Cut N Run). It's a handmade glass call from Scott at Willow Ridge Calls! Since I am fairly new to turkey hunting I have been a bit of a doubting thomas about custom made calls sounding so much better than the factory calls. Well I doubt no longer!!! I don't know how Scott smashed that turkey into such a small pot, but it's in there! This call has such a spectacular voice I am just amazed. Thank you Jim for such a thoughtful gift. I have always valued your friendship, and you prove why that is time and time again.
Scott, it was nice to talk to you this morning! Thank you for the time and patience I know it takes to do good wood work. Also thanks for all the advice on the care and conditioning or the glass for various sounds. I am looking forward to calling in many, many nice gobblers over the years to come.
For every body else here is a picture of my new baby. The pot is Black Cherry, and the striker is Purple Heartwood and Walnut. She's a beauty and sounds even better than she looks. I will have to say to Scott and Jim that after only one day of having this call in my possesion I am almost at the point of divorce with my wife! I guess I will have to give her a break and only practice when she isn't home!!!

Knowledge leads to success!

shad309

RE: Outstanding Call version 2.0

Postby shad309 » August 9th, 2010, 8:20 am

I know you will be happy with that call. What a nice present!

Sit Still...

Postby Sit Still... » August 9th, 2010, 8:47 am

Thanks Shad, as they say it sounds like a turkey...not a turkey call! A cool gift indeed.
Steve

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » August 9th, 2010, 8:52 am

Steve, It would be just plain wrong of me not to share when I found out how sweet a Scott Hembrook manufactured call sounded. It is worth every penny to find out that yours sounds as sweet as the one he made for me and how tickled you are with it. It will keep getting better too!

Can't wait to see pictures of you grinning & holding up gobblers you shot using that call. I know it'll happen with mine too.

As for the wives being bent out of shape at the sound of turkey calls, How do they think we feel when that bunch of hens get together and start bumping their gums?...Turn around is fair play. Seriously though, my wife doesn't care how much I call in the house, as long as she's not around to hear it. I keep calls on my desk to practice with during work and I practice with diaphrams when I'm driving. You can't sound too good on a turkey call. I can't scout or hunt during work, might as well do the next best thing.

Thanks again Scott for turning out another great-sounding call. You have satisfied customer in me, as I don't see the need to buy a different make of call.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Sit Still...

Postby Sit Still... » August 9th, 2010, 9:01 am

Thanks again Jim! As usual you hit me from the blind side with something unexpected....and PERFECT! I just love the voice of this call. The truth be known, I had fun driving Lisa to distraction yesterday, but I will cut her some slack and do my calling when she's not home from here on out. Now I'm thinking I need Scott to make me a slate surface to go along with this glass one. Wouldn't that be a killer pair of calls!
Steve

doepee

Postby doepee » August 10th, 2010, 1:57 pm

Sit Still---My wife just HATES when I get a new turkey call or just break out some old ones to practice with.. I usually have to go outside and I also go to the town pond walking my dog.. you should see all the looks I get talking turkey!!

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » August 10th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys I surely appreciate it. Hope those calls, call up some ol' gobblers for ya to give a ride home in the back of yer trucks [;)].
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Sit Still...

Postby Sit Still... » August 11th, 2010, 3:44 am

Hey, doepee,
Yeah my wife says turkey calls are the most annoying sounds she has ever heard. Although recently I have been walking around the house with my deer grunt call and she's not very fond of that either!!(laughing) Oh well, just one of the little things that you deal with when you are married.
Scott, you are welcome for the compliments, after all you deserve 'em!
Steve

shad309

Postby shad309 » August 11th, 2010, 4:12 pm

My wife says the same things. She told me I couldn't play them in the house anymore. I told her no more reality tv shows........ LOL[:D]

doepee

Postby doepee » August 11th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Sit Still-- ya just gotta break out the crow call and give a few strong CAW CAW CAW if you really want to get the fun started she just laughed at me when i got the hoot n stick out[;)]

Shad---Hey yea good point I will have to jump my wife about the reality Tv shows that will go over real well[:@]

Next

Return to Calling