Mouth Calls

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
dworz

Mouth Calls

Postby dworz » May 8th, 2010, 6:00 am

Well i was reading about some Turkey hunts, and all i used this year was a Slate Call, and a Box call, so iam walking through Gander Mountain buying some stuff, and i decide to purchase a Mouth Call with a CD. Well i want to be ready next season, But my problem is i have a plate in my mouth with a few teeth on it, that goes up into the roof of my mouth, does anyone else have this problem and what do you have to do???? I need some help please.....

Bryan78

RE: Mouth Calls

Postby Bryan78 » May 8th, 2010, 6:28 am

Well take your teeth out then unless you can't.  You don't need teeth to hunt unless you are going to hunt primeval and chase them down and bite their necks until they die.

If you do, then please film it and post it on here so we can watch, because that is something that I've got to see!Image

doepee

Postby doepee » May 8th, 2010, 9:22 am

Bryan 78---LMAO----I would like to see that!!!!

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » May 9th, 2010, 4:19 am

dworz, I would try a youth call or the smaller framed calls, they are designed for narrower palates, but it might be just what you need.  Hooks Custom Calls (www.hookscalls.com) makes them for sure, and I think Hoosier Hunter Custom Calls (www.hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com) got something in the works, but don't quote me...both are great custom call makers, post on these forums and will do you right...if nothing else they can both tell you what may or may not work for you.  Best of luck.

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » May 9th, 2010, 3:39 pm

Welcome to the forum dworz. I too have a partial with some ivory attachments, but I don't try to impress folks when I'm turkey hunting, so I leave em at home or in the truck, DON"T take em in the woods and then take em out to blow your calls, cause you will loose em,...been there done that,... more than once. I got fellas in Tn and Ky looking for big smilin gobblers with a shoot on site order. I have a great seal with out my jawbone in, and have learned to blow them while the partial is in, but the call needs to be further back, which gives myself a gag reflex from time to time, after 15 yrs.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS AND STAY SAFE !
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
TURKEY AND TURKEY HUNTING PRO STAFF
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

shooter458

Postby shooter458 » May 9th, 2010, 3:50 pm

I have a partial upper plate too and you could try a smaller frame that might work for you.I use standard size mostly Quaker boy .world champion and old boss hen i postion call more forward in my mouth the leading edge is right at the back of my teeth.Just pick a call and practice you'll get it.If this is your first try with a diaphram call remember stick with it it will take time to master it but you'll be glad you did good luck.     

dworz

Postby dworz » May 10th, 2010, 6:42 am

Iam working right now with the Partial out, and iam getting sound, but a long way to go, My wife and our Dogs hate it so i've been asked to take it outside???? Bryan78 if i do you will be the first to see it. Thanks guys for the tips... atleast i have a few months to perfect this......

BigBuckeye

Postby BigBuckeye » September 21st, 2010, 6:05 am

Just saw a video on mouth calls and he said that you should always put the bump that is on the aluminum toward your tongue.  I thought it was always supposed to go to the roof of your mouth.

Which way do you guys point the bump on the call?

I have gotten good with it toward my roof but i would be interested to see what the pro's do.

Thanks
I can't get any sleep!!!

Arnie

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » September 21st, 2010, 10:55 am

I always thought the bump goes up too that's the way I run them.
Jon
Turkeybuster

mark hay

Postby mark hay » September 21st, 2010, 1:31 pm

short reed down[;)]

Next

Return to Calling