Quaker boy slate???

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
spitten and drummen

Quaker boy slate???

Postby spitten and drummen » April 3rd, 2013, 12:49 pm

A very long time ago I came across a mass production slat call from Quaker boy. It was in a wooden pot and appeared to have some type of plexi glass sound board inside it. It came with 4 little plastic plugs that you could insert into the underside of the pot to change up the sound. I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the call and if any of them could still be found. Thanks
"don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes boys". Andrew Jackson "old hickory"

spitten and drummen

Re: Quaker boy slate???

Postby spitten and drummen » April 4th, 2013, 10:02 pm

Thanks. Can't believe with all the knowledgable people on here no one knows
"don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes boys". Andrew Jackson "old hickory"

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » April 5th, 2013, 1:31 am

Sorry just seen this. I've seen those calls, every once in a while you'll find one on ebay. They sounded good, but didn't last to long, guys would leave them sit on their truck seat or the dash and the sun would raise heck with the plexiglass. Most were missing the plugs for the bottom, they'd fall out while in the field. I believe they were made back in the mid-late 70's, but they didn't make them for long. Not sure what the name was, if it even had a name?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

spitten and drummen

Postby spitten and drummen » April 5th, 2013, 11:27 am

I had one when I was a youngster and called in birds with it. It just had a distinct tone that I remember. Went off to the army and five years later don't know what happend to it. I would love to get one again someday.

Return to Calling