Witty-wha-too Call

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Fan Club

Witty-wha-too Call

Postby Fan Club » February 24th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Any of y'all heard of or use this call?

While cleaning my office recently, I came across the July/August 2012 copy of NWTF's Turkey Country which had been buried in clutter on my desk. In thumbing through it, I came across an article concerning this call about Jim Clay, owner of Perfection Calls. I've used Perfection's Blue True Double diaphragm for years, it's one of my favorites. Clay had never heard of the call either until an old timer brought it to his attention at the NWTF National convention a few years back. The first time Clay used it, he broke loose a gobbler that had been hung up for quite a while.

It's not often that us old timers hear about a new turkey vocalization, let alone the owner of a call company. I suspect it's been around as long as turkey hunting...or at least as long as diaphragm calls, as it's pretty tough to duplicate on friction calls. And it's probably got a few other regional names as well. Clay calls it a "closing call" but a lot of vets would classify it a "confidence call", something to add to purring and leaf scratching to close the deal. Check it out-

http://www.turkeycountrymagazine.com/12 ... ure_7.html

Jeff
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Treerooster

Re: Witty-wha-too Call

Postby Treerooster » February 24th, 2013, 10:49 pm

There was a poat on it not too long ago.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16001
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

Fan Club

Re: Witty-wha-too Call

Postby Fan Club » February 24th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Thanks Gary!
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Return to Calling