Call sounds

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Treerooster

Re: Call sounds

Postby Treerooster » March 3rd, 2013, 5:09 pm

OK here are a couple of sound files of what I like in my box call. Both these files are from the call makers and they are doing the calling.

Both calls are long boxes and have Black Limba as the wood for the box. I like the sound of black Limba for some reason, even as a wood on a pot call striker.

The first one is my Burrville Bomber long box that I got in 2006 and use pretty regularly.

http://s145.beta.photobucket.com/user/T ... a.mp4.html

This second one is a call I have on order and is not even made yet, but is from a call he made of similar woods for the Nationals at the convention in N'ville.

http://s145.beta.photobucket.com/user/T ... 6.mp4.html
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

TheCallDr

Postby TheCallDr » March 6th, 2013, 2:14 am

I don't see it as Old vs New. I see we have more callers to choose from and compare it ( or them) to the actual Wild Turkeys we hear in the wild,cd's,tv and the internet. The calls that sound the most like real turkeys...... be it old or new callers, low or high pitch, go in my vest.

My "go to" caller is a Trumpet or Slate. There is just something in the sounds they make that Turkeys like. If I want a High Pitch..... my "go to" is a longbox. If I want or need to Jake or "different" sounds.... a Tube. If I think I am hunting a turkey that has heard a lot of calling..... a scratch box has a unique sound and does not take up much room in my vest.

What call makers like or call companies market ( promote and hype) should always be judged by how much they sound like a turkey and how they preform in the field. Then as always, the turkeys will be the Judge on what works.
WildTalker Game Calls
"Talk on the Wild Side"

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » March 6th, 2013, 8:27 am

Treerooster wrote:This second one is a call I have on order and is not even made yet, but is from a call he made of similar woods for the Nationals at the convention in N'ville.

This is one Turkey Dog Vic liked, I played the first one Vic ignored it, played the second and Vic came running yipping and quivering; since his hearing is better than mine that is the one I want. After chasing turkeys for 2 years Vic knows exactly what they sound like. ;)

In my vest I like to have a selection of calls that will do all 3 of Willow's options because you never know the mood of the turkeys.
When I ordered my first Willowridge call he asked me how I wanted it to sound. I told him to make it sound like a WI turkey in his area. If I were to pick out the sound of each of my calls they would most likely all sound the same. Then what would be the point of having more than one call?
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » March 6th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Don't know about the second one because I don't have it yet.

I do know the turkeys like the first one though.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

Previous

Return to Calling