glass pot

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
gooseberry

glass pot

Postby gooseberry » November 17th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Can I do a kee kee on a glass call?

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: glass pot

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » November 17th, 2010, 3:47 pm

A glass call is one of the easiest calls to do a kee kee on. All you should have to do is pinch your striker tight, and put some downward pressure on it. Some calls kee kee very easy, some you have to bare down on, it depends on how your call is conditioned. Kee kee in the same spot you normally play on, using a Small Ark, make 3 quick short strokes across the call , just like your tracing the shape of the soundboard.
To do a kee kee run, use 2 short Straight strokes ( no ark ) and on your 3rd stroke snap the striker down toward the center of the call. Do Not pause when you change direction of your stroke, it all in one stroke, straight across and snap it down. A jenny tends to kee kee more, a jake tends to kee kee run, they tend to have a little more rasp in their voice. Hope that helps you out.

Let me know if your having problems?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » November 18th, 2010, 5:41 am

Glass, Slate, Crystal, Alum should all kee kee.. A pot isnt worth having IMO if it will not kee kee.. Not that the kee kee is a staple in the spring woods, but if it doesnt have that high a note, it will not produce a yelp that satisfies me.. 

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » November 18th, 2010, 8:42 am

It also depends a lot on what striker your running on the call.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Calling