Worked up crows

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Gopherlongbeards

Worked up crows

Postby Gopherlongbeards » June 27th, 2012, 5:02 pm

I have a 14 block walk to my bus stop from my house in the morning, so a couple times a week i'll bring my mouth calls along and call as I walk. I like to practice mouth calls while I'm doing some sort of physical activity, since i feel it more accurately represents a hunting situation (how often are you trying to run a mouth call while out of breath from climbing a ridge for example). When I do this I often will have crows start caw cawing, but I was never really sure if they were calling for the heck of it or if their sounds were directed at me. Well today as I walked through the park kee keeing and yelping I had a crow follow me for about 4 blocks making quite a racket. He kept jumping from tree to tree staying above me as I walked and called. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Duke0002

Re: Worked up crows

Postby Duke0002 » June 27th, 2012, 6:15 pm

I practice outside quite a bit. Nearly every time, crows come in for a look-see. Now I wish turkey liked my calling that much!

I've used turkey calls, especially kee-kees, to call in crows while hunting them (crows).

Return to Calling