electronic calls

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
grizzly

electronic calls

Postby grizzly » January 11th, 2011, 12:33 pm

i got my redhead turkey hunting catalog in the mail the other day and i notice that they had electronic calls and they had cards with turkey calls that go into the machine . i know that you can't use a electronic call in ny for turkey but i was wondering is there any states that do and have any of you used one and why . i don't want this to turn into an ethics battle if a state's game law says it ok so be it. it just seems to me that if a turkey comes and gets spook or hangs up there would be no way to change the tone or speed and the same call over and over again he would soon avoid it . learning to work the different hand calls is a lot fun and is a big part of hunting for me

1Morgan

RE: electronic calls

Postby 1Morgan » January 11th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Illegal here in South Carolina. Kinda would take the fun outta things for me.
South Carolina Low Country

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » January 11th, 2011, 1:30 pm

It's also illegal here in KY. In fact, I'm not sure if it's legal anywhere and I don't understand why it would be. Even if they were legal I would never use one. I'm like Morgan, when I'm calling to a turkey I like to be in control and playing prerecorded turkey sounds would take away the fun and the overall hunting experience!
Brian

longbeard.386

Postby longbeard.386 » January 11th, 2011, 4:18 pm

Illegal in Florida. Might be neat to use to learn to call but I'm sure a CD on calling is a lot cheaper. Use it in the field...no way!
Longbeard.386
"Remember, you're never too old to have a happy childhood."

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » January 12th, 2011, 6:02 am

Illegal in CO WY WI MT NE MO, that I know of, and probably illegal in most states. I think TX might allow them. Check the regs. Or contact the company that makes the thing. But they probably wouldn't tell you...even if they knew.[:-]

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » January 12th, 2011, 12:46 pm

Illegal in Pa. also.
Jon
Turkeybuster

grizzly

Postby grizzly » January 12th, 2011, 1:05 pm

that's what i kinda guessed . so if it's illegal in so many states why would they even make one it wouldn't seem very profitable . what it is is a stewart prey master pm 4 wireless caller  it has digital memory cards one is a turkey that has cutting hen yelp, soft hen yelp and locator gobble at 199 dollars for the caller and 25 dollars for the card i can't see how it would be useful as a teaching aid when there's so many cds on the market[:)] wayne

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » January 12th, 2011, 3:30 pm

Just like a lot of the other stuff out there it don't make sense but people buy it regardless.
I think it's called impulse buying after you buy it you don't know what to do with it.
Jon
Turkeybuster

Timber Chicken

Postby Timber Chicken » January 13th, 2011, 9:37 am

Illegal in Virginia also. Glad of it. I heard one one time it sounded horrible.
Experience is the best teacher.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » January 13th, 2011, 10:54 am

Ohio ,,,illegal.

Next

Return to Calling