Tried my Ol' Betsy yesterday, on live birds

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Duke0002

RE: Tried my Ol' Betsy yesterday, on live birds

Postby Duke0002 » February 17th, 2011, 4:03 pm

ORIGINAL: shaman

Lordy!  My birds go nuts when they see my orange poncho when I'm up a tree in the Fall.  Yikes!  Sometimes its downright hilarious.

Amazing how they can spot hunter orange 16 ft up a tree!

kyhareraiser

Postby kyhareraiser » February 18th, 2011, 4:01 pm

lordy day,don't use yer calls b4 the season comes in.the birds will get used to them ,or worse,here in ky you can't call with calls in the woods till season comes in..instead of buying new calls ,you will be paying a ticket.. lol

ronmc1954

Postby ronmc1954 » February 19th, 2011, 2:18 am

ORIGINAL: cyclone

It was probably the Scout that sent them a runnin...[:D]

Goodness, I haven't seen one on the road in decades! Had 5 altogether throughout the younger years, 60, 69, 70, 71 and 77 for the final one..

Oh the memories...[;)]

Hey cyclone; we see them on the roads all the time, I think I mentioned in another post that on my way to the property I hunt there had to be 70 or more birds seen in a 15 mile strech of road. Usually coming out mid afternoon when their moving. I almost stopped and picked up a fresh roadkill turkey just so I could get the fan for my decoy, but I thought the game warden might have concerns LOL

Ron

Limb Hanger

Postby Limb Hanger » February 19th, 2011, 10:58 am

Ron - I have a test location not too far from my house, a "No Hunt Zone" that is the home to a couple flocks of turkeys; a public access bicycle path runs right through it. I'll go for a ride and test the calls that i've made on those birds. Don't know if there are any places like that were you live... 
There used to be a farm close to my home that had some domestic birds. I never had to worry about educating them, there was a new set of birds every year.      
Meadowblaster Custom Turkey Calls

Just because he isn't gobbl'n, doesn't mean he isn't listen'n!

Previous

Return to Calling