Something Completely Different...

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
Fan Club

Something Completely Different...

Postby Fan Club » March 6th, 2011, 6:58 am

Of all the gadgets and gizmos at the 2011 NWTF Convention, this one intrigued me the most-

the "Flap and Scratch" by Preston Pittman.  www.pittmangamecalls.com

What you have here is just ingenious. Basically a 12 inch long, thin, waterproof camo nylon pouch apparently filled with long strips of a semi-stiff cellophane material. When scruntched up and rolled around in your hand (or hands) it sounds so much like scratching in the leaves that it will have you scratching your head. As an added bonus, if you grasp the ends and repeatedly snap the pouch taut, it produces such a realistic wing flapping rendition that it's downright spooky. All with much less movement than scratching leaves with your hand or a stick, or flapping a wing or a hat against your leg. Perhaps best of all, it only weighs a couple ounces.

Most gizmos are exactly that, gizmos. I'm sold on this and haven't even had it to the woods yet! Renouned hunter Ray Eye was in Pittman's booth when I was there and he was grinning like a little kid as he announced, "I'm gonna kill a gobbler with this!" I was already waiting to pay for mine, but Ray's endorsement was icing on the cake. Turkey calls come and go, but it's about time somebody addressed the need for confidence calls. Well done Preston!

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Gobblerman

RE: Something Completely Different...

Postby Gobblerman » March 6th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Interesting,....Who would have thought?.....
Jim

Return to Calling