OOpps video

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
msbadger

OOpps video

Postby msbadger » April 17th, 2012, 6:39 am

So I was out working(spraying plots) and had new cam in pocket yesterday....81 degrees and I hear a gobble so in my bright wht shirt and blue sweats I hit a near by ground blind...got new cam out just in case...didn't know I turned it on...and had 11min of great sweatpants video...but also of my lightly calling with my natural voice...mind you no water dry and flies eating me alive...did call in a hen and lrg Jake that was just 4ft from me...of course that was nothing more than a wild blurr...go figure...here are the three snip its of calling...I will figure cam out before season starts.... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdN6cIR7pQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDi4u9lJEkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzWR4gHJxoA

lxtagle

Re: OOpps video

Postby lxtagle » April 17th, 2012, 9:44 pm

MSB, you sound swell with your natural voice. (oh, and I tried to use an old arrow as a stiker and failed, lol!!) Love the sound of your soft calling. At one point, I thought you were busting out a kee kee. Great job calling(about the video skills.... :lol: )
Fun, Friends, Family! p.s. If you want to kill something, don't hunt - if you want to hunt, welcome to my world.
- "Don't Quit!" ("buckhuntr15 in D&DH forum)

msbadger

Postby msbadger » April 18th, 2012, 6:28 am

Thanks...ya... techy I'm not....lol......figures when the birds appeared...by the way in opposite direction of what I was expecting and right on top of me...I ended up turning cam off then on and had hit 10xs zoom...just one solid blurr..Have to say though the new cam takes GREAT clear close video...I ought to get really good garden and bug pics out of it....The calling wasn't my best ....but just what you saw , brought those birds in 11mins so I'm happy....and yes would have been a keekee series but my throat was very dry...that's one thing about my calling... need to have lots of water on hand or cough drops....first calls warm up my vocals and muscles then I can let loose....
Funny thing is it will bring in hens and they are literally Hopping mad looking for me...I played with one hen last year and she circled my chair blind several times looking....start to walk away and I'd bring her back and noise! She was wild ...I laugh just thinking about it...at one point she hopped up on a down fall in front of me and looked around...for fun I let loose and she started to, I mean, yelling at me!!!lol at one point she did hop up and down..I thought she'd fall off the log!!...lol never seen anything like it ...too funny
I love turkey hunting almost as much as deer...in the pics are some birds I called in last year ..... I'm better with the Canon ;)
Attachments
IMG_0308.JPG
IMG_0308.JPG (197.33 KiB) Viewed 450 times
IMG_0216.JPG
IMG_0216.JPG (169.63 KiB) Viewed 450 times
IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_0246.JPG (169.16 KiB) Viewed 450 times

lxtagle

Postby lxtagle » April 18th, 2012, 2:04 pm

Lol! Awesome story, good pics, and love the passion! Heck, I was trying to practice my natural calling driving from my office to a job site. Tough on the chords, and not even close to sounding as good. As a matter of fact, I posted a fun vid "Ridiculous Hunt-Fun Hunt" on YouTube: lxtagle . My son made fun of me for the longest time cause I tried calling naturally. I scared myself, lol!
Fun, Friends, Family! p.s. If you want to kill something, don't hunt - if you want to hunt, welcome to my world.
- "Don't Quit!" ("buckhuntr15 in D&DH forum)

msbadger

Postby msbadger » April 18th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Thanks for the replies...thought I forgot my deodorant/mouth wash ;) :) I have to confess I cheated on the learning curve...many years ago I bought several bronze turkeys and raised them....when they were old enough to breed I listened....and would practice out side their building until I got them to answer...then we ate the hens..but kept the Toms to practice getting responses...I did this for months and it must have drove them crazy ...for they committed turkeycide :cry: lol

They shared a building with our shepherds...and the rafters were open but we had also housed chickens there once ,so 1in. chicken wire was up...well I went to feed the dogs and they stood looking up into the rafters...paying me no mind :? ...Then I looked in the turkey pen and we were missing 3 Toms!!...they'd flown to the rafters and pulled back the chicken wire enough to get through....then dropped into the dogs pen :shock:

So they either...were very frustrated or my calling was bad :o ...I'm think from # I've shot..frustration is the answer ;)
Keep practicing you'll get it :D

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 18th, 2012, 8:47 pm

That calling sounds fine. I know it would call in plenty of birds. I hear worse coming from the real thing sometimes.

My voice doesn't lend itself to turkey calling as much as I'd like it to.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

msbadger

Postby msbadger » April 19th, 2012, 6:11 am

Thanks Jim...I'm just glad my calling is way better than my video skills ...lol...now you go drop a big boy I know the season will be on an up swing for ya ;) Good luck

Return to Calling