Trumpet calls

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
trkyklr

RE: Trumpet calls

Postby trkyklr » June 4th, 2009, 5:46 pm

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » June 5th, 2009, 12:50 am

Very nice trumpets can be picked up at call competions such as at nwtf National conv. in Nashville at the auctions after the judging is over, especially during the current economic maylay. I was able to get a real nice Ebony trumpet with nice Holly accents for under $100 and having been looking for one for some time, got a $300 + call at a graet discount. All I gotta do now is learn to use it, and that will take some time. I've heard several fellas use the call proficiently, and one was really unbelievable, so I know the capability and versatility of the call is there. Good luck gettin lessons.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE !
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF-TURKEYS

[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

StevePA

Postby StevePA » June 5th, 2009, 4:59 am

ORIGINAL: hoosierhunter

Very nice trumpets can be picked up at call competions such as at nwtf National conv. in Nashville at the auctions after the judging is over, especially during the current economic maylay. I was able to get a real nice Ebony trumpet with nice Holly accents for under $100 and having been looking for one for some time, got a $300 + call at a graet discount. All I gotta do now is learn to use it, and that will take some time. I've heard several fellas use the call proficiently, and one was really unbelievable, so I know the capability and versatility of the call is there. Good luck gettin lessons.

L.K.LESLIE

Its a buyer beware market out there...with any call....Theres really only a small handful of guys making quality trumpets these days....very small
turkeykiller

onpoint

Postby onpoint » June 5th, 2009, 6:54 pm

Tkylr I was hopin' for good sound is like and maybe some good instruction 
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

StevePA

Postby StevePA » June 6th, 2009, 1:47 am

turkeykiller

Ozarks Hillbilly

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » June 6th, 2009, 2:39 am

Sounding good to me Steve.
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

Dcoleinpa

Postby Dcoleinpa » June 6th, 2009, 3:40 am

sweet

onpoint

Postby onpoint » June 9th, 2009, 5:29 pm

Thanks Steve. I'll listen to it for a while when I get the wife out of the room!!![:D][:D][:D]

I sent you a PM about calls so check your box
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

onpoint

Postby onpoint » June 9th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Steve,

How do you feel about these two call makers that are selling reed and wingbone trumpets on ebay?

Slaton Calls (trumpets and strikers) and also a company whose brand name is "Papa's Tomtakers"

KPcalls

Postby KPcalls » June 9th, 2009, 10:53 pm

ORIGINAL: hoosierhunter

L.K.LESLIE

I think the call you bought is one of mine. Is it macassar ebony, holly bell with a buffalo horn mouth piece, lip stop and bead ? If its the call I think it is you did get the call cheap. The wonderful folks that run the call contest at the convention managed to loose my absentee bid form that was mailed in the same envolope as my entry fee, they didn't loose my check though. Last year they managed to loose a wing bone call I entered...BEFORE the contest.  I hope you learn to play it well and call up many a birds with it. I have a pic of the call, I'll post it later. If I can be of any help PM me. KP

PreviousNext

Return to Calling