2 Mexico Peacocks

misoiltester

2 Mexico Peacocks

Postby misoiltester » April 24th, 2013, 7:33 am

For whatever reason, the 1st being me, with my knowlege on posting, I can only get 1 pic. on this post.
Last week I was very fortunate to get 2 very beautiful turkeys, in Carlos Cano Cruz, Campeche, Mexico.
Both weighed 10# and had 1 11/16" 1st spurs, and 1 10/16" 2nd spur on the 1st bird, and 1 1/16" 2nd spur on the 2nd bird.
It was 100 degrees every day but had a breeze to help ease the heat :roll:
I drank lots of bottled water :lol: , and lots of "other adult" liquid refreshments :twisted:

Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

dewey

Re: 2 Mexico Peacocks

Postby dewey » April 24th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Congratulations on the Ocellated turkeys! They will look awesome in the trophy room. Do you have any stories to accompany such beautiful turkeys?

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » April 24th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Wow, that's awesome tester, congrats, 100 degrees, good thing you had those beverages to stay hydrated 8-) and celebrate
David

You never know, unless you go

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 24th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Wow, very impressive misoiltester.

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » April 24th, 2013, 6:48 pm

very nice congrats. did you camp with Jorge?

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 24th, 2013, 10:13 pm

C0ongratulations on your Oscillated gobblers. That's a different type of bird in a very different part of the world to hunt. I hope the trip was lots of fun with some great experiences.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » April 27th, 2013, 6:46 am

Cut N Run wrote:C0ongratulations on your Oscillated gobblers. That's a different type of bird in a very different part of the world to hunt. I hope the trip was lots of fun with some great experiences.

Jim

Yes, with Jorge. Have you been there?? He's sure got a 1st class set up ;)

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » April 27th, 2013, 10:09 am

misoiltester wrote:
Cut N Run wrote:C0ongratulations on your Oscillated gobblers. That's a different type of bird in a very different part of the world to hunt. I hope the trip was lots of fun with some great experiences.

Jim

Yes I went last year had an invite this year at a fantastic price but I did not have enough time to obtain a CITES permit. Jorge has a 1st class camp with a lot of great food. I know he is hunting different property this year I hear there were a lot of birds too. What week did you go?

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » April 28th, 2013, 6:47 am

gouldshunter wrote:
misoiltester wrote:

Jim

Yes I went last year had an invite this year at a fantastic price but I did not have enough time to obtain a CITES permit. Jorge has a 1st class camp with a lot of great food. I know he is hunting different property this year I hear there were a lot of birds too. What week did you go?

13th-20th, and the 5th and last group. The birds that I encountered, were skiddish and had been hunted before. This year 1 of the group had to be signed up with the APHIS 16-3 form, along with the CITIES, to even get the skins imported to an APHIS approved taxidermist!! Won't be long, with the chicken bird flu there, that no importation of birds will be allowed :cry:

dewey

Postby dewey » May 4th, 2013, 8:41 am

Does the guide you guys went through have a website that we could check out? I will be waiting until my kids get old enough to go. I figure I have about 15 years to wait.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Next

Return to Team 5