Sweet call for a good cause

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
Fargohunt

Sweet call for a good cause

Postby Fargohunt » March 25th, 2011, 11:20 am

This call was built for a local fire department spring fund raiser to be held tomorrow. They usually only have guns, hats a lot of deer hunting goodies...but I ran into the fire chief and said how about tossing in a custom turkey caller into the fray and packaging it with a vest and hat, he thought it was a dandy idea--here it is...hope it brings the department some good active bidding at auction time and plenty of $ for the pot.

This has a red cedar chamber from Worthington Indiana, with curly maple end blocks from Stafford NY, a curly Movingui lid from East Africa and a Sumac base from Stafford, NY. She has a real bossy hen in the left rail with a raspy roll-over finish and a sweet clear young hen in the right rail with a smooth, but distinct roll here as well. Good hunting to the lucky bidder!

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: Sweet call for a good cause

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 25th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Great looking call and artwork on that one, good job. Hope it brings a good sale for their fund raiser tomorrow; [;)]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » March 25th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Thank you Scott...I figured you might be the 1st to reply. Scott, I can't remember, are you still looking for some butternut? If so I have a good source and I just received a shipment of some great short box blanks. I know they cut both short and long box blanks and their pricing is very good--send me a PM if interested.

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » March 25th, 2011, 2:11 pm

Great look'n call,,Bet it sounds awesome too!
Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » March 25th, 2011, 2:21 pm

I am working on putting together some sound files..just not sure how to upload. In the coming week or so I hope to have them assembled.

Return to Call Makers