C.M. Brumfiel's "Walkin` Stick" Box Call

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
CMBOSTC

C.M. Brumfiel's "Walkin` Stick" Box Call

Postby CMBOSTC » January 19th, 2012, 8:12 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0938664775

This call is 16" Wormy Chestnut over Poplar with Redheart inlay.

Warning: My calls do not have a guzillion coats of lacquer and buffed to see your reflection. I use a hand rubbed oil finish on my calls. My calls probably won't be winning any beauty contests. I make them for one intended purpose and that's to roll big ole Gobblers.

The lid on this call is the first and possibly only time that I use this design unless requested.

Chris

Gobble, Gobble... "BOOM"!

CMBOSTC

Re: C.M. Brumfiel's "Walkin` Stick" Box Call

Postby CMBOSTC » January 20th, 2012, 4:59 pm

Message: My calls are made to represent calls of past call makers. Most of the “Old Timers” didn’t use a finish because the calls were made to kill turkeys and not sit in a display cabinet. Call makers of the past made calls out of necessity if they got messed up they would just make another one.

I try very hard to make my calls represent calls of the past. I sand all checks and scratches smooth and use a hand rubbed oil finish on my calls. My calls probably won't be winning any beauty contests. I make them for one intended purpose and that's to roll big ole Gobblers.

Chris

Gobble, Gobble… “BOOM”!

CMBOSTC

Re: C.M. Brumfiel's "Walkin` Stick" Box Call

Postby CMBOSTC » January 23rd, 2012, 7:50 am

I re-listed this call on EBAY with a starting bid of $25.00. I need the money to buy a call that I'm looking at. Auction ends at 8PM EST tonight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260940554202?ss ... 1555.l2649

Return to Call Makers