Let me be the first....

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
Everyday Hunter

Let me be the first....

Postby Everyday Hunter » April 21st, 2010, 12:24 pm

I'm proud to be the first to post in this new forum. I have been working on a new call since last summer. It's a scratchbox call of my own design. One of the prototypes is in Kentucky now with a friend of mine. I'm hoping to get about 30 of them in the hands of turkey hunters in NY and PA for field testing this season. By next week I'll have some to photograph and post.

Building your own turkey call is fun, and you learn a lot. So, until the photos....

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Kawboy888

RE: Let me be the first....

Postby Kawboy888 » April 21st, 2010, 1:26 pm

You will have some competition Steve. I am doing a show in the Pittsburgh area within the next month and I am going to have my long and short box calls, scratch boxes, pot calls, and push-pull yelpers.

I hope your prototype works well for you and i hope that we get to see some pics of birds taken with your calls.

Rich
Rich Leathers
Leathers Archery
"Instruments of Mass Destruction"

run and gun

RE: Let me be the first....

Postby run and gun » April 23rd, 2010, 6:03 pm

i be make wingbone calls for about 7 yr & i killed 5 tom use it.[:D]

Return to Call Makers