Custom Call Maker List

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
gooseberry

Custom Call Maker List

Postby gooseberry » May 5th, 2010, 3:59 pm

Is there a list of custom call makers on this site? I'm thinking about purchasing a box call.
Bruce

Kawboy888

RE: Custom Call Maker List

Postby Kawboy888 » May 5th, 2010, 9:03 pm

Hello Bruce. I am not aware of a list. There is a very small handful of custom callmakers on this site. I saw your other post that said you were looking for a box call for around $20.00, you probably will not find much in regards to a custom box for that price. My box calls range from $40-$500. There is another site that you may be interested in, there's literally hundreds of custom call makers at http://www.customcalls.com

There are some talented call makers on this site, and some of the members rave about their calls, but the customcalls.com site has a serious number of highly talented call makers. You really should check it out.

Rich
Rich Leathers
Leathers Archery
"Instruments of Mass Destruction"

gooseberry

Postby gooseberry » May 6th, 2010, 4:46 am

Hi Rich! I'm a rookie at 56 years old. What should I pay for a custom box call? I just have no idea.
Bruce

Kawboy888

Postby Kawboy888 » May 6th, 2010, 7:36 am

Glue together box - $40 and up depending on engraving, carving, wood burning, painting, or exotic wood used.

Hand hewn short box - $50 and up depending on the stuff mentioned above.

Long box - $60 and up depending on the stuff mentioned above.

You can find some cheaper prices on ebay if you are willing to look. Have you checked out the website that I put in my first response? You can look at a whole lot of really nice pictures. Prices will be high from the callmakers on that website because that website is for specifically for call makers and call collectors. And some of those guys think that their calls are made of gold.

I've paid $100 for a box call several times, some calls are worth it, many were not. If you are looking for just one special call, maybe to use as a family heirloom to pass down, make sure the callmaker that you choose signs the call to you per your request. That makes it a little more special and ensures that the call was made for you, and not one taken off the shelf and shipped to you.

The more awards that a person has won through the NWTF, the more expensive their calls will be. Shop around, you can start on this website. Send some private messages to the call makers on this site and ask for pictures. Let us know how much you are willing to spend and ask us if we can make a box call for your price, and to send pictures so you know what your money would get you.

You can find out who the call makers are on this site by looking through the different forums in this section.

Rich
Rich Leathers
Leathers Archery
"Instruments of Mass Destruction"

Return to Call Makers