"Georgia on my mind"

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
Fargohunt

"Georgia on my mind"

Postby Fargohunt » May 28th, 2011, 3:37 am

Just finished this up yesterday and she is headed to the sweet Georgia Pines! Black Walnut lid with Yellow Poplar inlays over a Yellow Poplar box with Purpleheart accents and Walnut end blocks, set on a Walnut base with Poplar between. This is the 1st poplar box I have built...I know hard to believe huh, but trust me this has now become a main-stay in my box call line. Both rails start out pretty hign with loads of kee kee with the old hen breaking hard into a medium rasp finish. The Young hen also breaks hard to a classic 3 note yelp, but carries a sweeter, more subtle finish--perfect to get those stubborn gobblers to venture in for a look-see! Had fun with the burning with a boss gobbler cruising the woodlands with 2 young jakes and the other rail sports a Loblolly Pine branch in honor of the state of Georgia.

kenturkey89

RE: "Georgia on my mind"

Postby kenturkey89 » May 28th, 2011, 4:26 am

WOW...what else can I say[;)]
Brian

dewey

Postby dewey » May 28th, 2011, 5:01 am

Ditto what kenturkey89 said. Beautiful!!

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » May 28th, 2011, 9:27 am

Great looking caller Scott, sweet combo. [;)]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Call Makers