American "Wormy" Chestnut

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
WillowRidgeCalls

RE: American "Wormy" Chestnut

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » July 21st, 2010, 3:25 pm

If you are in an area that has snow, wait untill winter and go in with a deer sled, those plastic sleds slide very easy even loaded down. That area looks fairly flat so I would think you'd be able to put a good load on the sled and drag it out with a couple of friends to help?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Warbird

RE: American "Wormy" Chestnut

Postby Warbird » July 21st, 2010, 6:33 pm

Now that is a good idea with the sled....I have a 4 wheeler but not allowed on Nat'l forest here...also that pic is not very good for perspective it's anything but flat...but it IS all down hill..so the sled trick will probably be the way to go...I have a stil 021 that will be light enough to pack back in there...Too bad it doesn't snow in July!! It will be here soon enough..Below is my route into this place when hunting..I use a leading ridge to take me back to a saddle to some good hunting ground..the interstate is between the mountain I am on and the other with the red route...the deep hollow the right of the mark leads out to the same place and would be a good exit route with the wood..

WARBIRD TURKEY CALLS - PREDATOR BY NATURE

Previous

Return to Call Makers