WITO Call

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
WillowRidgeCalls

WITO Call

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » July 25th, 2010, 7:34 am

I did this Holly call for the Womem In The Outdoors State event this year. I used one of Shad's pics on the soundboard. I hope they like moma and little one?
Thanks for looking Scott.

WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Turkeybuster

RE: WITO Call

Postby Turkeybuster » July 25th, 2010, 7:45 am

Scott that is a nice call they are going to love that one, great job.
Jon
Turkeybuster

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » July 25th, 2010, 8:21 am

Great looking call there Scott!  Thank you for your support of the NWTF woman in the outdoors program.
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

Kawboy888

Postby Kawboy888 » July 25th, 2010, 4:05 pm

Was the call given away with the striking surfaced untouched? If so, how did you feel about giving a call away that was not ready to be played?
Rich Leathers
Leathers Archery
"Instruments of Mass Destruction"

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » July 25th, 2010, 5:41 pm

Rich, a lot of the banquet calls or picture calls I don't touch, but I send along what the owner will need to surface it with, if they choose to surface it. I always ask a buyer if they want it surfaced, a lot of people like to do it themself or they have a certain way they like do it at least with glass calls. I'm pretty confident in my building to build the call to the sound the buyer wants out of it. If for some reason it won't do what they want, I have them send it back, at no cost to them and repair it or build them a new one. I always check back with the buyer to make sure it is what they wanted.
I've only had one call that came back, it was from a guy in FL. The call was dead on the back end of the yelp, and after going through it I found a split in the bottom of the wood soundboard that opened up, maybe from the climite change? I run my business the old school way. If your not happy with it, it isn't yours. [;)]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Kawboy888

Postby Kawboy888 » July 26th, 2010, 1:22 pm

Thanks for the reply, i really appreciate it. I have been wanting to ask that exact question for YEARS. I've sold over 5,000 calls as of last April and I still
can't bring myself to send out a call that does not have a finished striking surface.
Rich Leathers
Leathers Archery
"Instruments of Mass Destruction"

Return to Call Makers