A TT for Charlie

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
WillowRidgeCalls

Re: A TT for Charlie

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 18th, 2013, 7:11 pm

Thanks pappy, hope your are doing well also. We gave these a a good workout this week and they performed unbelievably well, birds were going bananas over them. I'll let charlie tell you what he thought about it :shock: .
Pappy try this combo, seriously.
Last edited by WillowRidgeCalls on October 21st, 2013, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » October 20th, 2013, 8:07 pm

This is the best turkey call--EVER.
No other call gets all the subtle lisps, pops of real turkey talk. It is like upgrading from a mono call to surround sound.
Every serious turkey will want this Tongue Teaser in their vest.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » October 23rd, 2013, 4:07 pm

Charlie or Scott, can one of you make a video of the call and how it sounds. Also, Charlie if you do the video can you include the "boink" sound that I have heard you talk about for three years now because I still don't know what the heck it is. :lol: :lol:

putt

Postby putt » October 24th, 2013, 11:57 am

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:It's called a Vibrating Tongue Call, or tongue teaser as I call them. They are a cross between a pot call and a box call. You play them that same way you'd play a pot call, but they produce a box call sound, because your playing wood on wood.

Scott ... I found my way to this thread after reading on the Wisconsin forum about your turkey-dog hunt with Charlie using these calls.

I'd never heard of a "Vibrating Tongue" call, & couldn't find much on them via Google. Is there a long history to this type of call, or is it a recent design?

I'd be very interested to see & hear one. Are you planning on having them at next March's Talkin' Turkey Expo in Howard's Grove?

putt

Postby putt » October 24th, 2013, 12:01 pm

kygobbler wrote:Also, Charlie if you do the video can you include the "boink" sound that I have heard you talk about for three years now because I still don't know what the heck it is. :lol: :lol:

Me too. Sorry about bring up the boink again, Charlie. But it's your own fault for posting that great boink story last year, then leaving us hanging.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 24th, 2013, 3:36 pm

putt wrote:
WillowRidgeCalls wrote:It's called a Vibrating Tongue Call, or tongue teaser as I call them. They are a cross between a pot call and a box call. You play them that same way you'd play a pot call, but they produce a box call sound, because your playing wood on wood.

Scott ... I found my way to this thread after reading on the Wisconsin forum about your turkey-dog hunt with Charlie using these calls.

I'd never heard of a "Vibrating Tongue" call, & couldn't find much on them via Google. Is there a long history to this type of call, or is it a recent design?

I'd be very interested to see & hear one. Are you planning on having them at next March's Talkin' Turkey Expo in Howard's Grove?

They originated with an Ohio builder by the name of George Huffman, back in the 60's and he sold the through the Fur-Fish-Game magazines. Here is a pic of his original. Now he's in a retirement home in his 80's and no longer building them. They've been around awhile and are a deadly call in the hands of people that learn to run them.
Yes I'll have a few at the Talkin Turkey Expo.
Attachments
Vibrating Tongue.jpg
Vibrating Tongue.jpg (66.41 KiB) Viewed 250 times
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

putt

Postby putt » October 28th, 2013, 10:50 am

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:Yes I'll have a few at the Talkin Turkey Expo.

Thanks for the education, Scott. It's clear from your call photo where the "tongue" in the call name came from. Neat that after all the long years of turkey call tradition, that there can still be recent additions to the call types.

I believe that there would be a lot of interest if you were to do a seminar on the Vibrating Tongue call at the March Expo. A lot of hunters should be interested in seeing & hearing a call that they've likely never heard of before.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 28th, 2013, 9:38 pm

I will be promoting them at our table and have a few calls for guys to play and help them learn a little more about these forgotten calls, it's fun to bring these old calls back into the limelite for hunters to try and use.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Previous

Return to Call Makers