Andrew's calls

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
WillowRidgeCalls

Andrew's calls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 2nd, 2011, 5:36 pm

These are going out to one of our members from PA. Walnut slate over glass, and a Black Cherry bronze glass over canary. I've only ran the slate call, and it has a high whine start that rolls over into an old boss hen, the cutts are sharp and clear and the purrs are soft and chattery. Hope they help fill your vest full of birds Andrew.
Thanks for looking, Scott

WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

bbcustomboxcalls

RE: Andrew's calls

Postby bbcustomboxcalls » February 3rd, 2011, 4:05 am

Very nice calls!
Bill

Stoner

Postby Stoner » February 3rd, 2011, 4:15 am

Nice looking calls.

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » February 3rd, 2011, 5:07 am

Nice looking calls as always, Scott!
Brian

aymyer

Postby aymyer » February 3rd, 2011, 8:42 am

Thanks so much Scott,

I can't wait to see them in person.  I stumbled on this forum while searching for advice on upgrading my cheap, plastic wal-mart calls.  Reading posts from these experianced turkey hunters quickly convinced me that custom made was the way to go.  After reading the high praise on this site I shot Scott an email fully expecting him to be well out of my price range.  Well as it turns out I ordered two!

Scott was a pleasure to deal with and as I told him "I'm sure these calls are of a quality beyond which I have the knowledge to even ask for."

I've only been turkey hunting for a few years but I'm quickly finding it to be the most enjoyable form of hunting; so much more intimate than deer or small game hunting.  I have never had a real conversation with a Buck, but even when I come home empty from chasing turkeys, I'm sure to have at least had a few arguments with them.  I'm sure these calls from willowridge will help expand my vernacular as I learn to use them.

Bring on the spring!
Andrew Myer

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » February 3rd, 2011, 9:24 am

Hey Andrew,

I just want to say welcome to the forum and that you picked a great guy to buy some quality calls from. I have a cherry bronze glass call from Scott that I love and I'm sure I'll wind up getting him to make me a slate as well.

And I couldn't agree with you more that chasing turkeys is the most enjoyable form of hunting![:D]

Good luck this season sweet talking those big boys!
Brian

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » February 3rd, 2011, 1:03 pm

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum , you have some very good calls headed your way.
Scott knows what turkeys sound like and his calls will prove it. I sure like the calls he made for me they definately work.

Jon
Turkeybuster

Return to Call Makers