A unique Call

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
SpitnDrum

RE: A unique Call

Postby SpitnDrum » June 23rd, 2011, 8:42 am

You aint goin know where Scott..Besides I would have to start picking on Hembrook if you did and he tosses logs at ya!!!!So to save me a visit to the splinter puller you'll have to stick around and paint more little indians and that truly is a great look'n call!!![;)]

Hey I took a second look at that and I see the whale too Brian!!What a set of peepers on you[:D]
Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

Ruttinbull

RE: A unique Call

Postby Ruttinbull » June 23rd, 2011, 5:03 pm

Nice set of calls.

I have been asking and asking about different types of woods.... and there ya go... Doug Fir.

Doug Fir is the state tree here. I am swimming in it and I can get it for near nothing. I guess that gives me encouragement to try it out, perhaps get some cheap practice before rippin into the expensive stuff that I bought last week!

In this part of the world, the turkeys live where the Ponderosa Pine and Doug Fir give way to the Oregon White Oak. Some of my favorite local flocks roost in a little group of Doug fir on a hill side overlooking the oaks and a pasture in a bottom.

Previous

Return to Call Makers