Ground Blind

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
dustinwise

Re: Ground Blind

Postby dustinwise » January 22nd, 2012, 10:22 am

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking ground blind so I can start taking my oldest boy who is 3 now with me into the turkey woods and he could wiggle around in the blind with some of his toys and of course learn a little about the turkey hunt at the same time!

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » January 22nd, 2012, 11:42 pm

that's right, get the kid out there. i took my brother Jeremiah out on his first deer hunt last year and almost got a 4 pt buck. His 1st hunt and a buck comes in. i didn't see a deer the first 6 times i went hunting. My 7 year old sister went hunting with my older brother this year and saw deer and loved it. She says she wants to be a "hunting lady" when she grows up, awesome
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » January 23rd, 2012, 7:12 am

Good luck dustinwise on taking your son hunting with you. I have a little girl that is 4 and so far I cant keep her quiet enough to go yet. :D She and I will set the blind up in the back yard and shoot birds with a pellet gun. Soon as she sees a bird it's "LOOK DADDY A BIRD A BIRD!!!!! SHOOT IT!!! SHOOT IT!!!!" and of course "LET ME SHOOT IT!!!! ITS MY TURN!!!!" :lol:

She has the hunting gene in her but hopefully it won't be much longer untill she learns that she has to be quiet. I hope. :D

tracebusta39

Postby tracebusta39 » January 23rd, 2012, 9:21 pm

Get in a battle with an old boss tom and see if he is oblivious lol, of course an old one is skeptical of everything in the woods.
I would say most times if you can conceal yourself out of the sunlight and in the shade as much as possible they won't pay much attention to you at all as long as your movement isn't seen.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » February 15th, 2012, 3:51 pm

I like to look for big trees that were up-rooted and left a depression and root ball to hide behind. Adding a little extra brush or limbs can make a great natural blind.

I'm hoping to take my youngest nephew along this Spring when he's in the area visiting my folks. He does not possess the sit still gene, so a blind will be going along with us.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

stankyolgobbler

Postby stankyolgobbler » February 20th, 2012, 10:24 pm

yes, its the perfect concealment! i, myself, would only use it and have used them while bow hunting turkeys or taking someone(a young hunter) to the woods. they are also good for an ambush. so the convenience factor is low but they are good in certain situations
-Sage Morris

I like 'em close.....I mean REAL close.

Previous

Return to Strategies