Opening day rain storms - What would you do?

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
xcal1ber

RE: Opening day rain storms - What would you do?

Postby xcal1ber » April 26th, 2011, 4:12 am

Heck yea id still hunt opening day! if your like me and have been couped up in the house since december, you couldnt stand to miss opening day[:D].. Now my strategies for bad rainy days would be similar to yours, just get in a blind and set up in a field corner. Turkeys love open fields during rain to help them dry off faster, they also get out in the open so they can see and hear better during the rain.. call sparingly..Even set up a couple decoys if you have em. Also if the rain quits then listen for them to maybe start gobbling again, a lot of times the rain will keep em from gobbling good on the roost and when it quits its seems like they like to get the days gobbling in then lol. As for the wind.. id still like to get in the field but if you can find some low lying areas out of the wind, or if your hunting mountainous areas then try to get on the lee side of the mountian..Thats just my advice, i hope it helps. Good luck on your season opener.
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

xcal1ber

RE: Opening day rain storms - What would you do?

Postby xcal1ber » April 27th, 2011, 4:25 am

No problem man, if you have any other questions, just ask. Theres all kinds of veteren hunters here who would love to help you out....and good luck to you this season!
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

Return to Strategies