transfan decoy

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
bluebeard

transfan decoy

Postby bluebeard » December 31st, 2008, 1:33 pm

has any one used a transfan decoy? any luck with this decoy?
when in doubt : shoot it out

trkyklr

RE: transfan decoy

Postby trkyklr » December 31st, 2008, 4:07 pm

no offense man but it looks stupid to me,i wouldnt own one

shaman

Postby shaman » January 4th, 2009, 2:04 am

I got one last year off a buddy that was tired of his. It looks silly until you put it in some tall grass or in a fence line.  It gives a hint of fan. 

I'm not a big decoy hunter. . .er. . .I mean I'm big, yes.  I hunt with decoys on occasion, but. . . well, you know what I mean.

This past season it did not produce.  However, I also never saw a really jacked-up gobbler all season.  They were tentative to say the least until the last weekend. I did get some action on it a couple of times from curious hens.  When they went edgewise to it, it disappeared on them.  That made them a little nervous, but they circled around a bit, saw the fan again and went back to feeding.

It is not going into the junk bin. It is surely easier to carry than a full-body gobbler deke.  I would not recommend it for hunting public land or anywhere I wasn't sure I was the only hunter around.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

bluebeard

Postby bluebeard » January 15th, 2009, 4:19 am

thanks for the replie shaman, i agree on the tall grass and the easy carry, i have used mine were vegitation was thick so only the top shows, my b-mobile has attracted hens so i know hens like a strutter decoy made them jump a fence
when in doubt : shoot it out

Return to Strategies