dedicated wet weather vest?

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
eddie234

dedicated wet weather vest?

Postby eddie234 » May 1st, 2011, 8:03 am

do you have a special vest or set of calls just for rain or wet weather?
The way my spring is going I just ordered a blind and am probably going to get a box call and pot call that are weather resistant to take when it raining.
Twitter: @edvogler

xcal1ber

RE: dedicated wet weather vest?

Postby xcal1ber » May 1st, 2011, 10:44 am

When i know its gonna rain, i usually put my box calls and pot calls in a big zip-lock bag so they wont get wet,, if you can learn to use a mouth call proficiently then obviously its gonna be your best bet when its raining... there is some good boxes and pots for wet weather, my buddy has a Quaker Boy Hurricane Supreme box and its for the rain and it sounds good, I also think Knight and Hale makes some pots for rainy weather... As for the blind it will Def keep you dry, i have one for when i bow hunt turkeys and sometimes deer and it hasnt failed me yet.
There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.
-Fred Bear

RCTaylor

Postby RCTaylor » May 1st, 2011, 2:19 pm

got a k&h wet box that sounds pretty good. and a stricker from crane creek calls called a cotton mouth [ i think ] that will work when wet, and mouth calls

retranger

Postby retranger » May 1st, 2011, 3:37 pm

I have a pop up blind that I will use when it is raining, also have one of the umbrellas that fastens to a tree that works fairly well. I have not purchased any water proof calls yet but I do like the quaker boy little hurricane. I also use bread bags to put my box call in to keep it dry.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Return to Strategies