Got An Opinion On This ?

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
arrowsonly

RE: Got An Opinion On This ?

Postby arrowsonly » April 16th, 2009, 2:33 am

How do you carry that many ? I have one Hazel Creek Hen, Anna Nicole she's enought to carry...
They sure don't work, like they do on tape.
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » April 16th, 2009, 3:05 am

Carry is always gonna be an issue with stuffers, but I think I have the best remedy. I have a duck decoy mesh bag that is green, and they fit in there quite well. I put Patience, the one standing erect with feet, inside of the full King strut,and she fits like a glove too. I put that combo in the bag up side down and then in goes Prudence, in an black plastic heavy garbage bag, trimmed to fit. No big deal since the mesh bag has shoulder straps, but I leave them concealed in da bushes if I pick up ta runnin an gunnin. I can do these for 200 less than a HC.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE !
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF-TURKEYS
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » April 16th, 2009, 3:37 am

I'm sure they will work.  Prudence looks a little homely, kinda like that lady that sung on the British TV awards the other night, not too attractive but definitely got the job done.
Me, I like to run and gun.  I can't be bothered carrying a decoy.  Matter of fact, I'm cutting way back on the number of calls I carry.  Half dozen diaphrams, 1 slate w/ several strikers and 1 box plus 5 shells.  I'll probably add a trumpet down the line.  Good luck to all this spring.

Charlie Belle

badger75098

Postby badger75098 » April 18th, 2009, 6:06 am

They look great.  Like fan club said, they usually don't help me though.  I've had more turkeys run from decoys than come in.  I prefer getting a buddy to call behind you and hide in the middle. 

StevePA

Postby StevePA » April 19th, 2009, 8:59 am

Why B good when you can B mobile....
turkeykiller

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » April 19th, 2009, 4:16 pm

I am like JPH, I have become real fond of the lone hen set up. For mobility reasons and I think it is hard to go wrong it, but no doubt about your dekes should bring a tom right in at ease.

JPH

Postby JPH » April 20th, 2009, 10:51 am

As an aside, my single hen has not been much help so far this year. Granted, I have had two quick kills so far, so they have not hurt me either, but the birds were far from the deke at the time. They have wanted nothing to do with her.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » April 21st, 2009, 4:13 am

This is the third time I've read this thread. I didn't think I had an opinion on it, but finally decided I do.

She looks beat up -- kinda like a tramp, but knowing what I do about the male species, I'll bet some gobblers will find that a turn-on! [:D]

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Gobbleking57

Postby Gobbleking57 » April 21st, 2009, 7:28 pm

This would be a good set-up to leave in a blind on a field you hunt regularly late mornings and evenings after you've chased the roosted birds.Just pull em out set em up and wait. When you leave throw em back in the blind til the next hunt.That is of course on secured property.
When you see red pump the lead
North Coast Gamecalls Prostaff
Gobbleking Turkey Calls
Gobbleking Custom strikers

Previous

Return to Strategies