Scouting the night before?

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
KY CutnRasp

Scouting the night before?

Postby KY CutnRasp » April 23rd, 2009, 11:01 am

I would like to go out where I am going to hunt and see if I can "roost" some toms. Any suggestions about how to be successful at this? Can this possibly have a negative outcome on my hunt the next day?

Everyday Hunter

RE: Scouting the night before?

Postby Everyday Hunter » April 23rd, 2009, 11:06 am

ORIGINAL: KY CutnRasp

I would like to go out where I am going to hunt and see if I can "roost" some toms. Any suggestions about how to be successful at this? Can this possibly have a negative outcome on my hunt the next day?

I can't think of a way it will have a negative outcome unless you bump him off the roost.

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

thunderchicken

RE: Scouting the night before?

Postby thunderchicken » April 23rd, 2009, 11:36 am

If you can, get up high and try and roost em from there. Try to stick to a locater call like an owl or crow. If you know the general area they are roosting then keep some distance from there.

I dont think there is any negative effect you can have on the mornings hunt, but like everyday said unless you bump him off the roost.

good luck!

Return to Strategies