No ramble. 

Use smoke signals   (not many)
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

eggshell

RE: Pick your poison.

Postby eggshell » July 22nd, 2009, 5:11 am

make less productive comments

I've found that either thru arrogance or ignorance or general personality defects some lean more towards unnecessary insults or become self appointed critics.

I've also come to realize that most of these types lack the intellectaull capacity to even understand their own shortcomings

How dare you!!! I would have you know I nor my friends here (hmmm do I have any friends here?) don't make "less productive comments", display arrogance, personality defects, or fire off unnecessary insults. Why you $%##% turkey killing scoundrel who stirs trouble up, I'll get you. I got this here friend i  know from my prison chaplain days that knows how to take care of Intellectual scoundrels like you....you may know him as Gobblerman, we called him the the "Southwest enforcer", he swings a mean chair, ask Mark.

Oh yeah, us with the intellect defaults still spell Intellectual right.

Just kidding now...it was time for some fun!

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » July 22nd, 2009, 5:11 am

> Locate a gobbling bird get into position and call him to the gun. Nothing really more to it. <

Oh really?

What if no birds are gobbling? Call it a day or season?

Your average kid that still lives in his Mom's basement and hunts every day probably has the luxury of waiting for a gobbling bird to come to the gun. For the rest of the turkey hunters with actual schedules, a discussion forum is an ideal place to elaborate on tactics for tougher birds and circumstances, especially if they travel to hunt and have time contraints.

If someone is only hunting gobbling birds, they are probably bumping five silent toms they never even know are there and have developed several good recipes for tag soup.

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » July 22nd, 2009, 6:28 am

Please don't sick any of your prison contacts on me. Espeacially the "Southwest Enforcer", he's a scary dude.

I wasn't talking about you. You make good points (seriously) although one of your comments on another thread has worried me and I'm still checking out the family tree to see if I was actually adopted as you indicated.

....and yes I see your point, I can't spell worth a crap which I suppose means I just stepped in my trap[:)]
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » July 22nd, 2009, 10:27 am

Hmmmm,....the "Southwest Enforcer"....yeah, I like the sound of that!  Finally, after all these years,...I'm getting the respect I so richly deserve,...I think?!  That Eggshell (aka "the Reverend") may not be such a bad guy after all!  Funny how being on the same side of the cell bars can change a persons perspective about folks. 

I'm gonna have to print this thread and show it to all my friends here.  Both of them always use descriptive phrases of me that seem to always include "wimp" in there somewhere, usually prefaced by an assortment of even less-complimentary adjectives.  

Anyway, don't want to be my usual "hijacking" self, so back to the topic at hand....just couldn't resist noting my approval. 

Ramble on, Brothers (and Sisters)!!

Jim
the "Southwest Enforcer"

mark hay

Postby mark hay » July 22nd, 2009, 1:23 pm

ask Mark what?,,,,speakup,,,,I got an aawwwful head ache.

wisturkeyhunter

Postby wisturkeyhunter » July 22nd, 2009, 6:12 pm

ORIGINAL: Fan Club

> Locate a gobbling bird get into position and call him to the gun. Nothing really more to it. <

Oh really?

What if no birds are gobbling? Call it a day or season?

Your average kid that still lives in his Mom's basement and hunts every day probably has the luxury of waiting for a gobbling bird to come to the gun. For the rest of the turkey hunters with actual schedules, a discussion forum is an ideal place to elaborate on tactics for tougher birds and circumstances, especially if they travel to hunt and have time contraints.

If someone is only hunting gobbling birds, they are probably bumping five silent toms they never even know are there and have developed several good recipes for tag soup.

Some people are better at making em gobble and finding gobbling birds than others. I hunted 9 days this spring hardly every day. Not everybody shoots birds in there backyard ya know. Some days I struggled to find gobbling birds but I kept trying I didn't sit in one place and wait em out. Its not how I hunt turkeys. Kinda like the question was asking.
Theres young school and theres old school.
I'm still in school.

Gobbleking57

Postby Gobbleking57 » July 23rd, 2009, 2:48 am

Locate a gobbling bird get into position and call him to the gun. Nothing really more to it.

Makes turkey hunting sound easy doesn't it?
When you see red pump the lead
North Coast Gamecalls Prostaff
Gobbleking Turkey Calls
Gobbleking Custom strikers

wisturkeyhunter

Postby wisturkeyhunter » July 27th, 2009, 10:18 am

ORIGINAL: Gobbleking57

Locate a gobbling bird get into position and call him to the gun. Nothing really more to it.

Where did I say turkey hunting was easy? If I can't find a gobbling bird I'm not going to change the way I hunt just so I can brag about killing a bird. Its not how I am. I'd rather hunt hard trying to find a willing bird than sit and wait for a boring kill or stalk one even if I go home empty handed.
Theres young school and theres old school.
I'm still in school.

Gobbleking57

Postby Gobbleking57 » July 27th, 2009, 12:34 pm

ORIGINAL: wisturkeyhunter

ORIGINAL: Gobbleking57

Where did I say turkey hunting was easy? If I can't find a gobbling bird I'm not going to change the way I hunt just so I can brag about killing a bird. Its not how I am. I'd rather hunt hard trying to find a willing bird than sit and wait for a boring kill or stalk one even if I go home empty handed.

So, exactly how do you "hunt" a willing bird if you don't move around /stalk to find one. Every time I change locations I am stalking to remain undetected until I know the bird's location.[;)]
When you see red pump the lead
North Coast Gamecalls Prostaff
Gobbleking Turkey Calls
Gobbleking Custom strikers

PreviousNext

Return to Strategies