flashlight or no flashlight

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
TreeTrunkNarcoleptic

RE: flashlight or no flashlight

Postby TreeTrunkNarcoleptic » April 12th, 2010, 1:08 pm

ORIGINAL: FireFly908
Just a couple of questions.  While catching up on the zzzz's I lost, I was wondering if snoring sounds natural to the turkeys?  [:)]
Also, what if you zzzz right through fly down?  Just stay there till the next day?  [:D]

I used to do a lot of backpacking years ago and I'm sure I snored pretty loud inside my tent.  Yet that never detered critters from checking out my campsite during the night.  I would find evidence of coons and other small critters in the form of tracks in the morning.

Once I was awakened by something gently poking me in the forehead.  I had my face right up against the tent wall and something was sniffing at my face through the tent wall.  ....So I punched it in the nose, and it ran off.     .......And I rolled over and went back to sleep. [:D]

As for sleeping through flydown, if nature's alarm clock doesn't go off in your neck of the woods and wake you up, then just enjoy sleeping in.  There probably ain't much that you were going to miss anyway. [;)]
"You can't grill it 'till you kill it."

creek bottom

Postby creek bottom » April 12th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, I will take it and run with it. I'm headed back out to the turkey woods this weekend and will give it a try.

mossbergboy

Postby mossbergboy » April 15th, 2010, 1:05 am

just no where your going and use none but if you have to use it dont leave it on the whole time

247limbhanger

Postby 247limbhanger » April 18th, 2010, 1:22 pm

i recomend not using one very much if at all. if it is needed use it sparingly and never close to where the birds roost.

Previous

Return to Strategies