Turkey Tip # 20 New Groove

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
Ben Sobieck

Turkey Tip # 20 New Groove

Postby Ben Sobieck » April 27th, 2010, 6:32 am

Does it seem like your local turkeys have heard it all? Go at them with different calls. Break out the tubes, trumpets, wingbones and push-pin calls.

Hitting a turkey with new pitches and frequencies might provoke a response. Gobble tubes are also great for pulling responses out of late-season toms.

Just be very careful when using them on heavily hunted land.

Everyday Hunter

RE: Turkey Tip # 20 New Groove

Postby Everyday Hunter » April 27th, 2010, 4:58 pm

Good advice, Ben, on all 20 tips. Thanks for posting them, and thanks to Brian for providing them. To anyone who wants to see the list of 20 all in one place, I'll offer the reminder that it's on the home page of Turkey & Turkey Hunting.

Ben, Brian -- any reason to stop at 20?

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Everyday Hunter

RE: Turkey Tip # 20 New Groove

Postby Everyday Hunter » April 28th, 2010, 4:29 am

ORIGINAL: Everyday Hunter

Good advice, Ben, on all 20 tips. Thanks for posting them, and thanks to Brian for providing them. To anyone who wants to see the list of 20 all in one place, I'll offer the reminder that it's on the home page of Turkey & Turkey Hunting.

Ben, Brian -- any reason to stop at 20?

Steve

I agree with Steve. (I usually do! [:D]) Since most turkey seasons are about a month long, why not go for 30?

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to Strategies