scouting

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
shaman

RE: Scouting

Postby shaman » February 21st, 2009, 1:21 am

And they say us Ohio boys don't know how to appreciate our turkeys!   You give me something to think about:  I've been wanting to do something for my birds since they took away all my corn piles.

Those Amish girls sure enough have hairy legs-- and the Mennonites are even worse-- dated one once with leg hair so long. . .  well, I'll have to tell you some time.

God Bless you, Mark.  That's the nicest thing I ever heard of a guy and his turkeys. 
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

shaman

Postby shaman » February 21st, 2009, 9:44 am

I'm not too worried.  I haven't seen a wood-fired laptop with a screen backlit with kerosene-- at least not yet.
ImageImage

mark hay

Postby mark hay » February 21st, 2009, 12:03 pm

i hate to be the one that tells this ,,, but SHAMAN you ain't keepin' up . that ol' gal saved all her razor money to get both of those . don't know where she gets the kerosene,,,but i been cutting wood for her as partial payment for the instructions for getting those boots and hats on those barefoot jakes .

mark hay

Postby mark hay » February 21st, 2009, 2:42 pm

cutting wood ain't fun

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » February 21st, 2009, 3:32 pm

ORIGINAL: TurkeyComander

If you did your homework you'd know that some Amish do have electricity....either way it's not nice to poke fun at someones way of life.

You're right about that. I am full blooded Amish but the jokes were funny nonetheless. I was born English though. Have a nice day ya'll
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » February 21st, 2009, 3:41 pm

Now back to the original question. Yes I scout as often as I can. I already know where the turkeys are but I go just to make sure they are still there. I like to hear them gobble, plus it gives me the exercise I need when the season comes in. Right now i'm waiting for the mountain roads to be free of ice before I venture into the woods again. I had too many episodes of ice related scares in my time. 

shaman

Postby shaman » February 22nd, 2009, 2:09 am

Y'all are right.  Please accept my apologies.
ImageImage

mark hay

Postby mark hay » February 22nd, 2009, 2:44 am

make fun of someones life style ? take advantage of someones life style ?
i am fully aware that some are using electricity as well as some are fine and upright folks. and i'm also aware of the ones that cause trouble by trespassing and poaching .
i didn't intend to offend anyone with my silly little story .

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » February 22nd, 2009, 5:52 am

Went out to the Lease yesterday to see what sign I could find, look for deer sheds, and pull downed limbs off the roads & trails that came down during winter storms (so it will be easier to get around once Turkey season rolls around).  I found no sheds, but in the process of clearing one of the trails, I jumped a hen that I (unknowingly) got pretty close to before she flew. Saw a handful of diving ducks on the pond, and on my way back toward the truck, I saw two huge Gobblers traveling together going from the cutover into the woods.  I hope they are around come the hunting season as either one would be worthy of a notched tag.

The Landowner said he saw a flock of 20+ turkeys crossing the powerlines a couple of days ago. All too far to see beards.

I swear, I could be packed & ready to go hunting in about half an hour.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » February 22nd, 2009, 6:13 am

Mark, shaman, no biggie'. I just get sick of seeing all the Amish bashing on these forums. As far as trespassers and poachers there are alot of English that do the same, maybe moreso. 

PreviousNext

Return to Strategies