Joining Up article

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
Treerooster

Re: Joining Up article

Postby Treerooster » February 29th, 2012, 11:22 am

Not photoshopped Mark. I am really a techno dummy. Its actually easier for me to climb up there and have my picture taken than to photshop it. MUCH easier. :D

I am a professional tree climber and have my own one-man tree service. I keep my business small and with no employees so I can take off and just go hunting for several weeks at a time. I have had my tree service for 31 years now. Its hard to see in the picture, but I do have my tree saddle (safety harness) on and am tied in with a rope. The picture was taken a few years ago for a joke on the NWTF turkey forum.

My tree clibming ability has also enabled me to do some volunteer work with the Colorado DOW banding Bald Eagles and building eagle and Osprey nests. I made a post about it on here a little while ago.

Check it out if you have an interest. Here is a link to it.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7511
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » February 29th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Mark, Excellent, excellent article. Really got me thinking and applying what you wrote to my hunting areas.

MarkStrand

Postby MarkStrand » February 29th, 2012, 5:23 pm

Hey Duke, and Gary...
This is really fun, hearing from you guys... so that explains it, Gary... climbing trees has never been my strong suit, and the older I get, the less likely I am to take up the sport.
I could see your rope, and I was only funnin' you about Photoshopping yourself up there! I checked out your photos and post about the bald eagle nests; that is amazing stuff. Good job by you. That really is giving back.
And Duke... thank you also for the kind words, and would be interested to hear how your hunts go this spring!

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » February 29th, 2012, 9:55 pm

MarkStrand wrote:Hey Duke, and Gary...
And Duke... thank you also for the kind words, and would be interested to hear how your hunts go this spring!

Sure will... Tags for Iowa's first season are in hand. Whether I'm bragging or crying, I'll file a report. Hopefully the bugger that out foxed me during the last week of Ohio's season is still around. Battle plans are drawn up. It's personal this spring!

Previous

Return to Magazine Feedback