turkey TV

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
trkyklr

turkey TV

Postby trkyklr » December 3rd, 2008, 1:39 am

what about a turkey & turkey hunting TV show?is there one?if not does anyone see one in the future?

swpatrkyhunter

RE: turkey TV

Postby swpatrkyhunter » April 9th, 2009, 10:00 am

I'm surprised nobody else has had a comment about this Trkyklr! I for one think that would be a GREAT idea.

One thing that always bugged me about the Turkey hunting DVD's is that they show only Spring hunts. This mag has info for Fall and I would like to see something on Fall hunting too. A T.V. program I think would be awsome!
If it gobbles,runs on gas, or is married to you it will give you trouble!

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » April 10th, 2009, 3:10 am

The TV channels we get are pretty limited and I would enjoy having a turkey hunting show on TV to watch.  Having access by computer would also work well. Either is a good idea!

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » April 10th, 2009, 3:29 am

I'm not so sure.

Everybody else with a TV show is selling something...calls, bows, guns, ammo, camo, decoys, scents, atv's. What if you are selling a magazine?

Looks like I'm the lone desenter here but I'd rather they just focus on keeping T&TH the best turkey hunting magazine there is. It takes advertising to sponsor a show and that's primarily why I don't like Outdoor TV... all the flippin' ads. It takes 30 minutes to watch a 10 minute hunt. I'd rather just watch my hunting DVD collection and skip the advertising.

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » April 10th, 2009, 6:59 am

Good point Fan Club!

Your right about the 30 minutes of ads versus hunt time. I just think it would be nice to have a show that was geared more for the hunts instead of all the ads. But you can't have one without the other I guess. So what if the mag put out a DVD? The writers all seem to go out on hunts. Why not put those hunts on film and share them with the readers?

Ozarks Hillbilly

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » April 10th, 2009, 7:36 am

I would like to see them video and post some of their hunt here or create a show to be shown on this site. That way everyone could watch them at there own leisure. The web site appears to be capable of supporting video and the cost to their advertiser would have to be much greater for T.V. air time compared to a web based show or in print.
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

mark hay

Postby mark hay » April 10th, 2009, 2:11 pm

now that's a bunch of fine suggestions if ya' ask me .
now here's my 2 cents,,,,uh ,,,, hang on . i mean 1 cent ,,, the music .
at the risk of steppin' on some toes ,,,,,NO MUSIC !!!!
DA'GUMMIT ANYHOW !!!! i want to watch a HUNTING VIDEO or HUNTIN' SHOW  without that awful sounding , obnoctious , overbearing noise that drowns out the sounds of the hunt . some call that music ,,,,i call it useless crap!
 i like a well made video . you know , where you can hear the spit n drum , the gobblers footsteps on dry leaves , the click of the safety , or some poor turkey hunting addicts teeth chattering from racked nerves and sub-freezing temperatures.
 have i spent my penny yet ?

swpatrkyhunter

Postby swpatrkyhunter » April 10th, 2009, 5:48 pm

LOL! Well put Mark!

I totaly agree with the no music thing. Sometime I will be watchind a hunt and be really getting into it, then next thing you know something just awful breaks in. Music. or at least some form of it. Ruins the moment. Alot of these shows hype up the "Real. In your face hunts!" Funny thing is when i go out in the woods I have yet to hear some guy picking a gutair behind me. 

turkeylimb

Postby turkeylimb » April 11th, 2009, 5:34 am

We need some fall hunts without all that hype.

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » April 11th, 2009, 10:08 am

I agree on fall hunts.  I am stuck with versus and it is not that good.  Need quality fall turkey hunts.  We are overloaded with spring hunts.
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

Next

Return to Magazine Feedback