"The Empty Corner" by Greg Lobas

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
ncturkey

"The Empty Corner" by Greg Lobas

Postby ncturkey » August 5th, 2009, 12:02 pm

I just read the first article in the Fall 2009 Turkey and Turkey Hunting Magazine. It was called "The Empty Corner by Greg Lobas. It is a very good read. It started out as a novel and ended with style. Greg thanks for a great story. It brought back many stories from my North Carolina hunts. I was born in North Carolina. I hunt in the mountains just has you have. I am very lucky to live right between the mountains and the beachs. So I get to hunt all kinds of places in North Carolina. But the mountain hunting is my favorite. Back in 1997 I had my first turkey mounted flying. I wrote a story of that first turkey. I had an awesome turkey hunt last year and took a great tom. Unlike you I had a freezer and I froze him. I am still debating on having him mounted. I hope too. If you harvest another fine North Carolina turkey let me know. I will do my best to help you preserve that memory with a freezer or a good taxidermist. Too me I love to eat turkey but I can not seem to throw there pretty feathers away. I do my best to preserve every turkeys memory. I take pictures,write a short story of the hunt, save at least the fan, I make a wingbone call from each wing, and eat all the meat. Greg thanks again for a great article. I look foreward to more articles from you. Hope to see you in the woods oneday. See ya, Mike Rowland
Mike

Fan Club

RE: "The Empty Corner" by Greg Lobas

Postby Fan Club » August 7th, 2009, 1:55 pm

Haven't read the "Empty Corner" yet, but Greg Lobas is one of the best new turkey hunting writers to get published.

Love his stuff ...

Keep it up, Greg!
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Dcoleinpa

Postby Dcoleinpa » August 7th, 2009, 4:34 pm

yep i read that last night i enjoyed it good stuff

mark hay

Postby mark hay » August 8th, 2009, 3:54 pm

a quote from the article : '' I never feel cheated when I don't shoot a bird.''

I can honestly relate to that statement , and I appreciate seeing it in writing .

Dcoleinpa

Postby Dcoleinpa » August 9th, 2009, 2:59 am

ORIGINAL: mark hay

a quote from the article : '' I never feel cheated when I don't shoot a bird.''

I can honestly relate to that statement , and I appreciate seeing it in writing .

good quote

Return to Magazine Feedback