Friend's Sacrifice

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
allaboutshooting

Friend's Sacrifice

Postby allaboutshooting » October 18th, 2010, 1:22 pm

I recently received the Winter issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting magazine.

I was especially moved by the article in "Tree Call" about Paul Bartz. Just as I'd finished the article, my wife Doris told me that she'd just received the news that her Uncle Colonel Paul Park, USAF, Retired, had just passed away. That the events were brought to my attention within minutes of each other was no doubt just a turn of fate but it made the impact even more dramatic and meaningful for me.

Brian Lovett's tribute to his friend Paul Bartz caused me to really think of all those who have given so much so that we can live in this country with the freedom that we enjoy. It's just too easy to forget!

For Paul Bartz, Paul Park and all of the others like them who've served our country over the years, I'm thankful and pledge to remember what they've done for all of us.

Thank you Brian for your tribute and helping us remember.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

Brian Lovett

RE: Friend's Sacrifice

Postby Brian Lovett » October 19th, 2010, 4:26 am

Thanks for the kind words, Clark. Many thanks also to Col. Paul Park for his service and sacrifice. As you said, it's sometimes too easy to forget!

grizzly

RE: Friend's Sacrifice

Postby grizzly » October 19th, 2010, 10:35 am

and that's the problem with the country now . when i was growing up my grandfather and my uncles and other men talk about what they did when they served and i thought of them as heroes and how much they loved this land. just as the fine men and women who serve this country now. but now for the most part the media makes out what they are doing is a bad thing and the younger people believe it [:@] i would like to say all our service people out there
THANK YOU SERVICE PAST AND PRESENT AND MY GOD BLESS YOU[:)] wayne

Return to Magazine Feedback