T&TH needs to be digital so I can read it on my iPad

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
treyf

T&TH needs to be digital so I can read it on my iPad

Postby treyf » April 30th, 2012, 10:02 pm

Just wanted to see if I am the only one out there that would love to get each edition of this awesome magazine in a digital format!?!? Help me voice how great it would be if this were available on some app like zinio.

MarkStrand

Re: T&TH needs to be digital so I can read it on my iPad

Postby MarkStrand » May 26th, 2012, 1:09 pm

Hey Trey...
Right with you on this one. I am a reader of digital books and magazines on my iPad and iPhone, and see a huge future for this kind of publishing. Especially when you consider the multimedia content you can add to a 'magazine' it gets really exciting. There could be articles on turkey calling with links to either audio files or video segments that allow the 'reader' to get an earful and/or eyeful. The problems, at least so far, come when the publishers try to deal with the cost and complexity of creating and putting together such a product and then getting the advertisers on board with compensating them for those costs. The extremely promising side is that the publisher can avoid the traditional and heavy costs of paper, printing, and postage.
There will eventually be no way of stopping the advance of this technology, and at some point in the near future, the most compelling periodicals (and books) will be published as what they call enhanced e-publications, and I for one can't wait for that day to arrive.
To prepare for it, in fact, I have been working hard, for years now, developing my skills at all types of content creation, very much including video.
What does everybody else think about this?

chrisun

Postby chrisun » January 16th, 2013, 9:53 pm

awesome idea! Is this in the works T & TH?
Guns have two enemies...Rust and Politicians. John 3:16

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » February 10th, 2013, 8:46 am

This would be a great thing.For those of us who travel a lot.

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 19th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Yes T&TH needs to go digital. Virtually all of my reading is done a digitally. Plus you'll sell more magazines if you Amazon and Barnes and Noble market for you. D&DH are there already, but alas, deer magazines are boring.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

chrisun

Postby chrisun » February 21st, 2013, 6:30 pm

I agree. I hope we can get a digital copy soon.
Guns have two enemies...Rust and Politicians. John 3:16

TheCallDr

Postby TheCallDr » March 6th, 2013, 1:28 am

Yes...... digital copy wanted
WildTalker Game Calls
"Talk on the Wild Side"

Chief Many Longbeards

Postby Chief Many Longbeards » March 6th, 2013, 11:31 am

the print media industry, obviously, is trending more toward digital, like mark said, due in big part to the skyrocketing production costs.
plus the fact that the younger generation especially is so tuned into their media gadgets. but, i got to admit, i have cancelled all my magazine subscriptions over the past few years and rarely pick up a newspaper anymore.
so i guess i am partly to blame for losing my 35-year job at a newspaper last summer due to downsizing and outsourcing to cut costs. :)
yes, i would like to see more mags go digital, including TT&H, but i doubt we will get the content for free, unless you already subscribe to the magazine.

Return to Magazine Feedback