Spring Contest Sign-up

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
dewey

RE: Spring Contest Sign-up

Postby dewey » January 21st, 2011, 8:59 am

ORIGINAL: Bobbyparks

Good by me......Gives Jim more work to do so he can hunt less...unless we're on the same team..and then ...no...bad idea[:)]

As for the individual species score I can easily keep track of it just to help Jim out. As long as people put their score on their harvest report I can creat a thread titled largest turkey and I can edit the post whenever someone posts their score.

Is anyone here actually hunting an Oscellated or Goulds?

It does not look like it unless some Migrate to Detroit Lakes MN, then I may have a chance.[:D]

...and just what are the Minn birds averaging in weight?

I have seen some Easterns where I hunt that are 10 feet tall and approximately 75 pounds, LOL-jk[:D]. I have harvested 2 Easterns that were 23 and 23.5 pounds respectively and I have seen some that are bigger than that. I think the average Eastern in MN is probably 18-22 pounds, kind of an estimated guess.

I will create a thread under General Discussion titled "Official Top Species Score Award" and I will update it whenever someone posts under that thread their species and its official NWTF score.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

shaman

Postby shaman » January 22nd, 2011, 3:25 am

shaman
Kentucky  -- half-alligator and half horse
Easterns 
very experienced  -- although I would still call myself a beginner
2 birds  -- although getting shut out isn't out of the question
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » January 22nd, 2011, 3:58 am

I'll bite.

Treerooster
Hunting NE, MT, WY, WI, with possible CO, & KS Merriams, Easterns and possible Rio.
Experienced...but I always feel lucky when I manage to score.[:D]
4 or more

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » January 22nd, 2011, 3:15 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: dewey

As for the individual species score I can easily keep track of it just to help Jim out. As long as people put their score on their harvest report I can creat a thread titled largest turkey and I can edit the post whenever someone posts their score.

Sounds good to me, Duane.  Whatever we can do to make this contest more entertaining for everybody, then I'm all for it.  At some point, we'll have to make sure everybody knows how to properly score their birds.

Jim

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » January 22nd, 2011, 3:17 pm

ORIGINAL: icdedturkes

Man O man I outta join just to put Gobblerman through the 2,479 questions he put me through when I managed a different sites contest[:D]

Yeah, Tom,....you need to get in the contest so you can get even!  (I will anxiously await the start of your questions)  [;)]

Jim

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » January 26th, 2011, 4:09 am

We need to get a bunch more folks to sign-up for the contest.  If you have been lurking around thinking about it,....well it's time to get in!  [:)]

scoot12

Postby scoot12 » January 26th, 2011, 5:27 am

Scott McCabe                                                                                                                                                                                                                Wisconsin                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Easterns                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Beginner                                                                                                                                                                                                                         2 birds 2 years                                                                                                                                                                                                               2-3 tags    I have gotten lucky the last two years

ARO

Postby ARO » January 26th, 2011, 12:49 pm

ARO
Maryland
Eastern's/Osceola's/maybe Merriams
I guess pretty experienced, 38 gobblers/12 years
At least 2 gobblers (hopefully)

jarheadturkeyhunter

Postby jarheadturkeyhunter » January 26th, 2011, 4:10 pm

jarheadturkeyhunter
arkansas
easterns
beginner
predicted gobbler harvest 1-2
If you can read this thank a teacher.
If your reading this in english thank a MARINE.

RNC

Postby RNC » January 27th, 2011, 4:22 am

RNC
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Easterns
Beginner
1 to 2 birds
Of course this is hard. If it was easy everyone would do it. The HARD is what makes it great!

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp