Spring Contest Sign-up

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
Fan Club

RE: Spring Contest Sign-up

Postby Fan Club » January 19th, 2011, 1:43 pm

I've been watching this with fascination for a couple days. I understand that no one wants to brag, but some of you boys are layin' in the weeds. Am I to believe that Gobblerman, Misfire and myself are the only three hunters out of 19 that are "Very" experienced? I distinctly saw three levels to choose from. And somewhere along the way "Predicted Gobbler Harvest" (which would entail some measure of confidence) evolved into the number of tags in possession (which doesn't exhibit much).

No disrespect meant and we're probably splitting hairs here, but you're not going to make it easy for Jim when it comes to choosing up teams. Sandbaggers... LOL.

<-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-  <-
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » January 19th, 2011, 3:44 pm

I'll be "very experienced" after this year.[:)]
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Timber Chicken

Postby Timber Chicken » January 20th, 2011, 6:00 am

I am blaming Bobby for this oversight on my part. He labled hiself as Experienced and after seeing his Man Cave I began to lable myself as a beginer. I will change mine to "very experienced".
Experience is the best teacher.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » January 20th, 2011, 6:10 am

I'm very experienced at getting used by gobblers and VERY lucky that I've been able to use both tags the last ten years.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » January 20th, 2011, 10:05 am

ORIGINAL: Timber Chicken

I am blaming Bobby for this oversight on my part. He labled hiself as Experienced and after seeing his Man Cave I began to lable myself as a beginer. I will change mine to "very experienced".

It was..a...simple oversight on my part of course...or I could be looking for an edge......or....maybe I accidently deleted "very" by mistake..at any rate I'll make the correction...."very beginner" and I have one tag if I can find it
ACME PRO STAFF

dewey

Postby dewey » January 20th, 2011, 10:56 am

How about a seperate personal award for the highest scoring Eastern, Rio, Merriam, Osceola, Oscellated and Gould turkey per NWTF scoring guidelines?

Of course this would require everyone to score their bird but it is easy to do and it might just add a little bit more to the competition. I also realize that MN has the largest Easterns out there and eveyone else is at a disadvantage compared to me (LOL!!!) but it might be fun.[:D]

Just an idea to see how big the birds are that people are harvesting and who would get bragging rights for that species for the year.[8|]

If need be I am an engineer (therefore a numbers dork) and pretty good at excel spreadsheets so I could keep track of this if there is enough interest.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » January 20th, 2011, 11:44 am

Good by me......Gives Jim more work to do so he can hunt less...unless we're on the same team..and then ...no...bad idea[:)]

Is anyone here actually hunting an Oscellated or Goulds?

...and just what are the Minn birds averaging in weight?
ACME PRO STAFF

grizzly

Postby grizzly » January 20th, 2011, 12:25 pm

grizzly
new york
easterns
experienced
1 maybe 2
after 30 plus years of hunting turkeys i must admit there are times when things go as planned and i feel that i'm very experienced. then there are times when i'm standing there scratching my head and wondering if i know anything about turkeys[:D] wayne

Virginia Boy

Postby Virginia Boy » January 21st, 2011, 6:23 am

Virginia Boy
Indiana/Michigan (yeah, I know, then why VA Boy? Long story, wife from IN/MI, yada, yada, etc...)
Easterns both states
little experience (4 gobblers in 6 years)
Predictions - 1 per state (tag limit)

icdedturkes

Postby icdedturkes » January 21st, 2011, 8:15 am

Man O man I outta join just to put Gobblerman through the 2,479 questions he put me through when I managed a different sites contest[:D]

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp