Team #8....Broke Neck Raiders

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
ghamlin10

RE: Team #8

Postby ghamlin10 » March 9th, 2011, 11:12 am

im ready to make it rain bullets, excited about my team placement, were the NEW YORK YANKEES compared to the others.....lmao.......glad to see a few names i reconize treerooster, and kygobbler. I know from reading stuff from treerooster he is addicted to this like I am..... ill be in the woods March 7th and 8th for the 1st week.

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 9th, 2011, 3:12 pm

Thanks for the vote, I'm not sure what a team captain does in a contest like this but I kinda like the title, Captain Morgan!!!

ghamlin10 must be lost!! Thats ok, our seasons start on the same date but I'm on vacation and get to start before him. Alabama vs South Carolina...hmm...someone owes some payback.
South Carolina Low Country

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 10th, 2011, 2:47 am

I'll 2nd the nomination. Do ya still want to change the name to Broke Neck Raiders? If so, I think SpitnDrum can make a cool logo for us. He just needs to know if we would like the marine eagle logo in it or not.
Is it turkey season yet?

Timber Chicken

Postby Timber Chicken » March 10th, 2011, 5:53 am

Just my opinion but I say yes we change it in honor of the men who give us this freedom to do what we love.

Good job Captin Morgan in relocating ghamlin
Experience is the best teacher.

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 10th, 2011, 6:55 am

Okay, fellers,...you need to let me know for sure if you want to change your team name.
....I may have to assess some sort of rash and unjust penalty,...but, hey, that's my job as Supreme Rule Maker!  [:)]

Jim

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » March 10th, 2011, 7:53 am

alright fellars if you decide on this name here you go

Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

Timber Chicken

Postby Timber Chicken » March 10th, 2011, 9:38 am

Your call Captin Morgan? Take charge and lead us to victory.

While you are at it find out how we put the logo at the bottom.
Experience is the best teacher.

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 10th, 2011, 1:29 pm

I say we change it and go with that logo if the transition can be slowed down a little. I'll have to take the unjust and rash penalty for the team. Oh and by the way, I could hear one gobbling from my back porch this morning while I had my coffee.

1Morgan

RE: Team #8....Broke Neck Raiders

Postby 1Morgan » March 10th, 2011, 11:43 pm

I took this from another post as to how to put the banner in out signature...

RIGHT click on the banner, then click on PROPERTIES that will give you the code to type into your signature box. Add [img]before%20it%20and[/img] after it. [img]http......59[/img]

kygobbler

RE: Team #8....Broke Neck Raiders

Postby kygobbler » March 11th, 2011, 12:31 am

I like it but can we slow it down.

Hey Morgan, Im glad you got to here some gobblin. Yesterday it was about in the 40's here and the wind was blowing about 15 mph. I went and picked up my son from school and there is a corn field right beside it. There were 6 gobblers just scratching around and feeding. All I could was just sit there and plan out what I would do if I could hunt them birds at that moment. I had my window down so I could get a better view on them and everything was nice and silent so I decided lets see if I can get one to gobble. I let out my best imitation of a crow and nothing, no surprise. Next thing I know I hear crows cawing like crazy and then they started flying in. Im glad to see someone like my crow imitation but boy I would have loved it better to hear them gobblers gobbling.
Is it turkey season yet?

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp