Team #2...The Magnificent Seven

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
mark hay

RE: Team #2

Postby mark hay » March 10th, 2011, 12:15 pm

Hey Randy , I just saw it today. I guess I need to pay closer attention to what's going on with each topic .
 I'm anxious to get my hands on that call too .

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 10th, 2011, 12:50 pm

How much snow do you have on the ground Dan ?

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 10th, 2011, 6:09 pm

If you boys want to add your banner to your signature?

RIGHT click on the banner, then click on PROPERTIES that will give you the code to type into your signature box. Add [img]before%20it%20and[/img] after it. [img]http......59[/img]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Rennat

Postby Rennat » March 11th, 2011, 12:41 pm

ORIGINAL: mark hay

How much snow do you have on the ground Dan ?

Mark right now i would say a solid 15 inches and more in some spots, but im only 10 miles from the canadian border, further south where i hunt im hopeing its about gone or i may find myself wearing snow camo on opening day [>:]

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 11th, 2011, 1:32 pm

It started snowing here just before sundown yesterday . I didn't think much about it till I went out to go to work this morning . Ground was covered . Every limb on the trees and shrubs was covered . Roads were an absolute mess . By 3o'clock this afternoon it was all gone .
 I've only hunted spring turkey one time in snow . Da'gum miserable morning . Wet snow , windy and overcast . 'Bout froze my butt off . But we stuck it out till quitting time ,,,then the sun came out [:D].

Rennat

Postby Rennat » March 11th, 2011, 2:48 pm

Mark isnt that the way it usually works out? lol i will have my daughter with me for the first week every day during the hunt so im hopeing its not too bad
NWTF Member

mark hay

Postby mark hay » March 14th, 2011, 1:09 pm

BOY! Team #2 is a quiet bunch . Well it only stands to reason . We have some team members that are not accounted for . As for the active members , well we are busy studying topo maps and GPS coordinates of known gobblers and associated roost sites . Fine tuning the ''Ackley Improved Walker Game Ear''. We cross bred a Primos Doe Bleat call ,,,the little can ,,with a pushpin call . It'll be the latest greatest for sure . It'll be a big hit with the archers since they will have their bow with them. You see you have to tie the crossbred call to a fishing arrow, and have the reel attached to your bow .Gun hunters will have to carry both or maybe use a slingshot to luanch the arrow .  . Pick your shooting lane (best done the day before while it is daylight) and about fly down time you make a mock fly down with the wing ( ya do have a wing don't ya ?) then launch the arrow down the shooting lane , which should be toward a known gobbler on roost . Of course tom will start gobbling in all his fury when he hears that can /pushpin cross hit the ground like a fat hen ,,,,THUD. Then we just slowly retrieve the call with the reel . As it rolls and flops its way back to you , making some of the sweetest purrs and clucks and occasional leaf scratching , what gobbler could resist such a display of horny hen activity ?
 Well, I probably shouldn't be typing this stuff since we have some imposters and a feller from N.M. hangin' 'round .

scoot12

RE: Team #2...The Magnificent Seven

Postby scoot12 » March 15th, 2011, 11:30 am

Just checking in and wishing everybody that has a season soon goodluck.  Scoot

mookyj

Postby mookyj » March 16th, 2011, 1:29 pm

RE: Team #2 - 3/8/2011 4:12:13 PM   

My bad, thought I had posted my schedule. Been overloaded at work, and at home with two book projects.

Hunting Ohio 4/22-24, WV 4/25-26, Month of May-NY, side trip to Vermont 5/14-17

scoot12

Postby scoot12 » March 19th, 2011, 5:44 am

Just scouted last week and broke up about 30 hens and 10 longbeards.  I am ready even though my first season isn't till the third week in April.  Anybody else been out scouting?  Scoot

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp