Come On Theam #4 -Let's Check In!!

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
misoiltester

Come On Theam #4 -Let's Check In!!

Postby misoiltester » March 3rd, 2012, 8:08 am

I'm new at all this, but here's my baggin' plans :lol:
1 Osceola around 3/25, ? Eastern here 4-1/30, 2 Goulds Mexico 4-5/12, and 1 Eastern Michigan 5/7-?? :roll:
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

WildTurkey101

Re: Come On Theam #4 -Let's Check In!!

Postby WildTurkey101 » March 3rd, 2012, 9:28 am

Hey team 4, Hope we have a great season. I live and hunt in middle TN, this will be my 6th season to hunt turkeys and I love it. Still learning but isn't that what it's all about. Anyhow, I'm pretty confident I can get 2 for the team hopefully more :).

Tom21inNM

Postby Tom21inNM » March 3rd, 2012, 2:07 pm

Lets go Team 4, Been practicing calls for weeks now, doing some armchair scouting on Google Earth and already planning to be in the Woods, the night before opening day, up before the sun and in the woods as many days as I can.
Yeah my names Tom, guess I am a bit of a Turkey myself!

WildTurkey101

Postby WildTurkey101 » March 3rd, 2012, 2:51 pm

Yeh I think my wife and the dogs are about tired of hearing me practice with my calls also. I'll be glad when the end of march gets here.

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » March 3rd, 2012, 3:27 pm

Hello guys...looks like we're in this thing together....I'm reading the instructions in the packaging my box call came in and an article in Outdoor Life on how to hunt turkeys so I should be ready...if I understand this correctly...it's the man bird that fans out...and that's the one you shoot?....

I'm from Georgia and will hunt a fair amount in a few places if all holds up...should have something to enter in here

I hope everyone has a great season and we'll ave fun with this

Bobby
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » March 3rd, 2012, 4:30 pm

Hey, mates!

I'll be in IA for their first season, April 16-19. Then back to Ohio for the opener April 23. Hope I can contribute a bird or two. New eye glasses this winter, so I can't blame misses on the specs! Gotta remember to put a new battery in the digital scale.

Bobby wrote, "...if I understand this correctly...it's the man bird that fans out...and that's the one you shoot?...." lol ...Anything that isn't a lady bird is your target!

BluMtnGobbler

Postby BluMtnGobbler » March 3rd, 2012, 6:45 pm

Im ready to go guys. lets make it a good one. Got some new calls to try and some more time this year and I feel good about it .
Brian

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » March 4th, 2012, 8:28 am

Sounds like we're pumped & ready!!
I know a fella from around here, that got a nice Osceola in southern FL yesterday. That's o.k., I'll hopefully tie him, in 16 days or so!!!
Gonna use box & pot calls. My sinus problems, hinder my mouth callin' anymore!!

AHHH .. I can hear em' drummin allready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

WildTurkey101

Postby WildTurkey101 » March 4th, 2012, 10:16 am

Looks like eveyone has checked in. This is my first time to do the contest, who on our team has done the contest before? Looking forward to some good hunting and hoping we do good in the contest. Anybody have any ideas to start this off? How about where your hunting, what equipment you'll be using, what your favorite calls are? Heck, I don't know just tell a little about yourself.
Myself:
Everybody calls me R.Lowe
I'll be hunting in middle TN
I'm hunting with an remington 870 SPS 12 guage, Indian Creek choke, Heavy Shot magnum blend
My favorite call is probably my "Freak" ceramic, fair with mouth calls
I whittle strikers for me and my buddy's every now and then and made a few turtle shell calls
mostly thought just work,, hunt and fish when I can, and spend time with my wife, she was diagnosed with a GBM last July but is doing good and hopefully I'll get to do plenty of hunting this spring this winterr was rough

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » March 4th, 2012, 2:35 pm

We'll have a good time with it guys

I would recommend we nominate a Captain... just so someones keeping us organized.

I'd Like to nominate Duke0002 since he's been involved in at least one of these before....has a long history here with a high number of post. is very active ...and is a good and capable guy...and he's a senior member

So again..I 'd like throw his name in the hat for this.
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Next

Return to Base Camp