Team #7...The Sunrise Assassins

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
ylpnfol

RE: Team #7...The Sunrise Assassins

Postby ylpnfol » March 14th, 2011, 12:23 pm

got a field to hunt, with turkeys around ?? well get on out there, it's only opening day once....you can do it !!  GOOD LUCK and go get him !!
David

Unofficial mascot for Team 2
Springtime Assassins

ghamlin10

Postby ghamlin10 » March 15th, 2011, 5:09 pm

read my hawk attacked my turkeys under general................... no luck today i couldnt shoot a Jake.... will be back in the woods Fri and Sat. Just keepin yall posted

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 15th, 2011, 5:54 pm

well done.....altho i got skunked last year,  if that jake were to present himself........hmmmmmm
David

Springtime Assassins

ghamlin10

Postby ghamlin10 » March 17th, 2011, 3:24 pm

going out to the field tomm, wish me luck

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 17th, 2011, 3:33 pm

get the party started young man, GOOD LUCK
David

Springtime Assassins

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 21st, 2011, 5:24 am

not much chatter lately, guess the cold days of winter have given way to the " i got stuff to do " days of spring, which is a good thing, the weather round here has been up & down, which is typical, everytime i plan on going out to listen it rains or turns windy, so to heck w/ it....3 weeks to go, went to the bass pro shop yesterday, that'll get you goin. didn't purchase anything but permathrin, to repel those pesky ticks.....have a safe trip to georgia, gobblerman, and good luck w/ the cagey easterns..... looks like we've rearranged the furniture again, is the " official thread for team #7 " where we post kills, or for general stuff [ like here ?? ] the va. boy needs a little hep.....
David

Springtime Assassins

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 21st, 2011, 9:52 am

Yeah, Yelpn,...I think everybody is either off hunting or trying to get stuff done so we can go hunting!  I know that is what I'm doing.  I got a lot to say here, but no time to stop and say it.  I'm looking forward to my first hunt of the year with Bobby down there in Georgia.  He has promised some "surprises" so I'm preparing myself mentally to get into the right frame of mind!

Ben set up the team threads, and I know those are for confirming team kills, but I suspect that there will also be plenty of running commentary by everybody after all is said and done.  We'll see what happens....

Jim

ghamlin10

Postby ghamlin10 » March 24th, 2011, 2:47 am

saw a gobbler that would have been a nice one. He came into the greenfield, he looked up within a minuet and took off running, 10 mins later two jakes came out.....i bet their picking on him...... ive seen him twice, once on a Sat scouting, and this instance, man i sure he comes back.......................................

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 24th, 2011, 4:05 am

keep after him, orrrrrrr you could take out one of them jakes and even up the fight.....you know, help a brother out !!  [;)].....
David

Springtime Assassins

kdsberman

Postby kdsberman » March 24th, 2011, 8:21 am

Definetly, keep after em'!

Its funny you mention that, cuz last year I had almost the same thing happen, but with 2 toms. I had a tom come in, look around, noticed that he was watching something. Sure enough it was another tom coming in from the other direction. He took off. Im guessing the other tom had a little more dominance. Unfortunately, he didn't come into range either.
Mossberg 835
Mueller MX1 Red Dot
Primos Jellyhead Choke
Nitro H517's 4x5x7 Hevi-Shot

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp