Team #7...The Sunrise Assassins

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
ylpnfol

RE: Team #7

Postby ylpnfol » March 5th, 2011, 9:54 am

so far i am partial to " sunrise assassins ", even tho assassin is a little harsh, have seen a few birds hitting the fields on my a.m. commute, no strutters yet.....there are some turkeys that hang out where i work, they look wild, but they are alot more " human conditioned " than a regular wild turkey. one NICE gobbler in the bunch, i watched them this morn, they tell me you will have to drive around him as he struts in the parking lot !!, hopefully pics to come, just watching them will whet your appetite
David

You never know, unless you go

Virginia Boy

Postby Virginia Boy » March 5th, 2011, 2:14 pm

Hey guys, Looks like we've got a great team! Good luck to everyone. Be safe out there!

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 7th, 2011, 3:41 am

if i read correctly, i see mr. gobblerman is headed to ga. to hunt w/ mr. parks at the end of the month.... guess it will be up to you to get the party started....no pressure big guy.....have fun      we still have a couple m i a's    er'body ok w/ sunrise assassins??  33 days til blastoff in virginny
David

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 7th, 2011, 4:53 am

Yes, ylpnfol, you are correct, Mr. Parks and I will be getting together both in GA and NM this spring.  It will add a new dimension to our turkey hunting,....trying to keep the "opponent" from scoring while attempting to waylay an old longbeard ourselves! 

In all seriousness, Bobby and I met on this forum.  We communicated about getting together to hunt somewhere and he came to NM last spring.  We had a great time and got along fabulously (he is a hard guy not to get along with)....so this year I am going back to his home turf and he is coming back out here again.  That is the great thing about this forum.  It gave two guys that would never have met up with each other the chance to become good friends through a mutual passion.  I am hoping that more of us get the chance to do that through our association here. 

As for the team name "Sunrise Assassins"....that works for me, if it is good with the other teammates.

Jim

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 7th, 2011, 10:48 am

sounds like great fun, try to be discreet as you send the oppositions gobbler packin [;)]....i have enjoyed the forum since joining in feb., i am not a member of a hunt club, tho i do hunt [ mostly deer ] w/ a couple of regular guys, but they don't have the " sickness " that i acquired back in the late 80's....so this has been a great venue to communicate with other victims....have a great hunt and we look forward to some pics     looks like the other teams have posted their team name on their thread, i'm good w/ assassins, don't want to overstep, i'll leave that up to the captain or another teammate     
David

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 7th, 2011, 12:35 pm

i tried to send eddie234 & ghamlin10 emails asking them to sign in [ per team member posting on the contest thread ], not sure if i did it right, it said they went but there were no " sent " emails in my folder, so your guess is as good as mine.....we shall see

well it seems i sent them " personnal messages " hmmmm, hope it works
David

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 7th, 2011, 4:04 pm

Good job, David,....I believe you are showing indications of making a fine captain of this squad.  At this time, I would nominate you for the position and move that you be voted in by acclamation.  All in favor, say "Aye"...........Aye   Image
Now get out there and chase the rest of our team down! [:)]
Jim

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 8th, 2011, 3:02 am

gee thanks, looks like my " personnal message " didn't work.....ghamlin10 was on last nite and didn't sign in, soooo gonna try sumthin else.....
David

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 8th, 2011, 3:10 am

Keep after 'em.  We can't afford to not have every single member of the team involved.  No doubt some of the teams will fill out.  We got to do the same to stay in the running! 

Jim

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 8th, 2011, 3:19 am

thanks for posting the team name, co captain.....o i no that's rite
David

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp