Team #5....Limbhangers

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
SpitnDrum

RE: Team #5....Limbhangers

Postby SpitnDrum » March 10th, 2011, 10:50 am

alright heres this one

Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » March 10th, 2011, 3:00 pm

Thanks for the help Spit-n-Drum.

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » March 10th, 2011, 3:10 pm

Thanks SpitnDrum! Goodwork[;)]
Brian

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » March 10th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Anyone seeing any birds lately? Been seeing a few flocks but still a couple of weeks away here in Ky before they get going.

dewey

Postby dewey » March 11th, 2011, 2:58 am

Good looking banner you guys have there.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

MoJack

RE: Team #5

Postby MoJack » March 11th, 2011, 3:01 am

Been out to the local Conservation Area twice so far, both times at sun up, and haven't heard a thing here in St. Louis.  If it isn't stupid cold tomorrow morning I am going to try again.  Youth hunt is April 9-10 here and I've got a couple of nephews I am taking, so trying to scout them out a decent spot.  Only problem is, if one of those rascals gets one before me I will never hear the end of it!
Professional Turkey Scarer Awayer

roycefromrc

anyone use google earth?

Postby roycefromrc » March 12th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Ive been crossreferancing my forest service map with google earth. it works great to check out new territory before you go in the woods. Been checking out about 3500 acres very close to my house,the furthest is 3.5 miles with two tracts within 1.5 miles. Been seeing a few birds,saw two gobblers along the road to one tract,just farting around in the sun. im trying to hit the places close to homes and creeks.Cant wait till april 9th for opener.does anyone know if i can crow call when scouting? Its suposed to be nice next week so Ill get plenty of scouting done.Keep you posted on these northern Merriams.

"great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
caution: I make bad decisions.

roycefromrc

Postby roycefromrc » March 14th, 2011, 5:55 am

Quiver,only seen the two Gobblers.I'll have a better report by wednesday, after I do some late day scouting.Looks like Im on deck with an April 9th opener.I cant wait.Going with my bro-in law and youngest son. I wonder why my opener is sooner than you KY boys, Im glad, so let the games begin! Hope i dont dissapoint.It will be my first turkey hunt,but not my first bird hunt.Im hoping to use the knowledge acquired from decades of pheasant,goose,duck,partridge and grouse hunting to bag a couple tasty Merriams.They all have things in common.Do you hunt easterns?

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » March 14th, 2011, 2:57 pm

Yes I hunt eaterns roycefromrc. Here in KY our season used to always open on the 15th of April, now so that season can open on a Saturday season always comes in on the Saturday closest to the 15th. I personall like it opening that time of year because it gives the toms alot of time to get some breeding in and that means a few less hens to deal with. Good luck to you on your first season of turkey hunting. What state are you from?

roycefromrc

Postby roycefromrc » March 16th, 2011, 6:14 am

Nice to hear from ya Quiver, Im Royce. I live in south dakota and will be hunting merriams.I just found 2400 acres of new private land to hunt. Most of my hunting will be in the black hills nat forrest,its all public Ill be on the eastern slope of the hills where they border the plains..do you hunt public or private land? how big of an area do you hunt?What part of kentuckey do you hunt,id like to look it up on google earth? Good luck on them easterns.
Royce
caution: I make bad decisions.

PreviousNext

Return to Base Camp